Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #29

Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
Wow! If Goodyear's warranty does in fact cover damage to the trailer, that would be a huge consideration. I didn't realize that they did that.
I had 2 blowout with Goodyear marathons. Good year paid me $1900.00 which covered the deductible and half new G tires for my 2007 344j Everest.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 11:01 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
I didn't know about the warranty. Good info to know.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchst View Post
I had 2 blowout with Goodyear marathons. Good year paid me $1900.00 which covered the deductible and half new G tires for my 2007 344j Everest.

Wow, you got very lucky there. I know personally more than one person where Goodyear did NOTHING when Marathon's failed no matter how nicely and diplomatically the owners were in communicating with GY. I wonder if they have changed policy on the Marathon tires or if you just got the right person on the phone? Glad it worked out for you though!!
Old 09-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Wow, you got very lucky there. I know personally more than one person where Goodyear did NOTHING when Marathon's failed no matter how nicely and diplomatically the owners were in communicating with GY. I wonder if they have changed policy on the Marathon tires or if you just got the right person on the phone? Glad it worked out for you though!!
You have to save the bad tire so GY can look it over. If is demise was road hazard you are on your own, other than that they are great about stepping up.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
You have to save the bad tire so GY can look it over. If is demise was road hazard you are on your own, other than that they are great about stepping up.
Yes, on their better tires. Not on their Marathon line. With the Marathon line they are known to do absolutely nothing. It's almost like two different companies when dealing with GY on something like the G614 vs. the Marathon.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #34

Quote:
Yes, on their better tires. Not on their Marathon line. With the Marathon line they are known to do absolutely nothing. It's almost like two different companies when dealing with GY on something like the G614 vs. the Marathon.

That I am not as informed on. I have read where they would give a big discount to go to the "G" tires.

Gest to just dump the Chicom junk no matter brand and get a reliable tire either in "E" or "G" rating.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Good call Bob. The Sailun's are also an outstanding tire at a great price. The only benefit the GY's have over them is warranty replacement and trailer replacement if damage occurs. However, this is a pretty unlikely event with either brand...
Where did you find this info? It is not on the Good Year web site...
Old 09-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
I've read it over and over on every RV forum for the last ten years and before I bought my first set for my last RV I called GY and verified it was their policy.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vaughn View Post
Where did you find this info? It is not on the Good Year web site...

I can tell you for a fact they do pay damages, I have seen the results of damage and the timely payment from GY on my Dad's 96 HH Premier.

It's on their web site, I can't tell you where. Give GY tech a call!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill98116 View Post
I just bought a 2016 Heartland Gateway 3400SE 5th wheel. Haven't even picked it up from the dealer yet. I've been reading some concerning posts about the Towmax tires. Anyone had issues with them??

Thanks
Bill
I bought a new 2013 Bighorn 3070RL and had terrible experience with the "BlowMax" tires. Only had about 5000 miles on them and had two blowouts while going across Hwy 50 in Nevada a year ago. Terrible place for trouble and had to drive 60 miles on only one tire on the right. Knowing what I know now I would have the dealer switch the TowMax out to 14 ply. Goodyear is good, but pricy. ....thus I went with Saliun. Another good tire is the Japanese Sumitomo. I don't know why Heartland continues to put TowMax on their rigs?? Be safe whatever you do.
Good luck
Schrimscher
Old 09-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #39

"I don't know why Heartland continues to put TowMax on their rigs??"

Because they are CHEAP!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #40

The Towmax tires that came with my 2013 Bighorn 5th wheel did not last 7000 miles. Ended up going with some G rated Goodyear LT tires. So far, no problems with the Goodyear tires.

Greg McBride
Old 09-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
One other place i wanted to check out is Big O tires. But the store they had down in Oro Valley closed. Not sure where they are now. Things seem to be moving out of this area. I was also thinking about Discount tire too. They are down in town though. I don't want to go very far on the old tires as i am afraid of blowing more than one. The ones on this trailer are over 7 years old and were never covered. Az sun can dry out a tire in no time here. No cracking around the bead or tread but still don't want to try it. Closest place is in Oro Valley. Thats Goodyear. I just hope i can get it there without blowing a tire or more!! Thanks for the options. Will check them out, Dan
Old 09-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
I forgot about Catalina tire here in town. Just down the street. Its a auto repair business but they do tires. The 225/75R15 E ply are for 5 of them a little over $700.00. A little higher but worth the price, so Maxxis tires will be on mine. Thanks for the help. He said they will be here Friday so later, Dan

Tags
tires, tow