Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Yeah, but there are different sizes of BFHs for different jobs. I use a 4 lb engineer's hammer to chip concrete flash from the edge of a slab, at least until my arm gives out. The 12 lb sledgehammer is too big to swing with one hand while holding the masonry chisel with the other, at least for me in my old age.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Just got an e-mail invitation for the Excel show and tell at Holland RV in Michigan.
Looks like they are going to talk about Insulation, Frames, Winter Living, and a few other topics.

It is 5 hrs I think from Columbus Ohio but I also want to stop in Grand Rapids. In March in Michigan that could be an interesting drive.

How did you acquire the invite? We're two hours away.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #31

I must have been on their web site and filled out a form. A few weeks ago I got a phone call from Holland RV saying they were now carring Excel. Then I got my e-mail. So I am in their system.

If it was summer I would drive up their, see the Excel (still have never seen it in person) then enjoy the beach. I hear they have a great beach.

If you go be sure to let me know what you think. Currenty I have a 2nd teir 5er and looking to move up to a top tier 5er.

Top teir to me is DRV Elite or Mobil Suits, Excel, and maybe Trilogy.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #32

Hello Rusty

You are very correct. I have only found 3 manufacturers that donít use the Lippert frame. Of those three I have only found 2 that build a frame about like a real trailer. Your are correct they become quite heavy when built correctly.

You are very correct the Montana is the very bottom on the low-end trailers.

Unfortunately I purchased from a long time friend that mislead me to make a cash sale. He wonít even talk to me any longer now that I have spent as much as I paid for the trailer to do repairs that should have been performed under warranty but Keystone refused to allow me to have the trailer repaired by any one except the selling dealer. I found latter that that dealer didnít have any trained repair technicians. My insurance company recommended a repair facility that doesnít sell new trailers and is a designated warranty service centers for one of the class A manufacturers. After the information I got from them I will not ever ever ever purchase anything built by a Thor company.

I have made the decision to purchase either a Peterson or a Lifestyle some time in the near future.

3665RE
Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #33

Excel Owners Club
We have made are choice, Excel, Wild Cargo. I'm having the garage turned into a "mud room". Second entrance, washer, dryer, a the back wall full of cabinets.
Very impressed will the Company, and the Dealership. Holland Motor Homes, Holland Mi.

Mary
Old 03-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
JDT

If you get a chance, tour the factory while yours is being built and meet the people who do the work. We did and they treated us like we were the only the customers they ever had.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipposrv View Post
We have made are choice, Excel, Wild Cargo. I'm having the garage turned into a "mud room". Second entrance, washer, dryer, a the back wall full of cabinets.
Very impressed will the Company, and the Dealership. Holland Motor Homes, Holland Mi.

Mary
Good choice Excel has a good reputation and well built 5th wheels.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Just make certain that you have enough truck to pull it. Those are heavy trailers.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #37

Excel Owners Club
We have plenty of truck, 03 3500 Dodge , and 06 Volvo 780.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post

Top teir to me is DRV Elite or Mobil Suits, Excel, and maybe Trilogy.
Add New Horizons to this list, IMHO. The jury is still out on the Trilogy, but I'm doubting it would be in the top.

Jim