Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Trilogy DRV or Lifestyle

I am considering a nice higher end Fifth wheel to live in 6 months of the year on a covered rv lot in AZ. I plan on having it delivered to lot and parking it permanently. I now live there in a 40 foot Monaco Knight with 4 slides. I am looking for pros and cons of these different models

nitamarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
The Trilogy is a step down from DRV (other than the Tradition) and Lifestyle.
But by no means is the Trilogy a sluch. The Trilogy has a fiberglass roof which is a real good thing. The downside to the Trilogy just has an I-Beam frame. That is only a downside if you are towing a lot.

DRV - the Tradition is the bottom of the DRV line-up. It is priced the same as the Trilogy. The other DRV models (Mobile and Elite Suits) are much more expensive but much nicer.

The Lifestyle and DRV (other than Tradition) come with a boxed frame instead of an I-Beam frame. Again if not towing the frame is not that important.

I would go with the Trilogy because it has the fiberglass roof and can be had for 70k to 75k. I think the other 5ers will cost 85k if not more.

I like the Trilogy but because I plan on doing a lot of traveling I am leaning toward a 5er with a boxed frame.

tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Lifestyle is basically Cameo with many of the Carri-Lite upgrades. It is a very well constructed rig. I does have a boxed frame and is regarded as one of the best. The DRV has a I-Beam frame and I beleive it is a 15" frame and that is one of the things that make the DRV a heavy rig. I is also like Lifestyle a good quality rig. Trilogy has a lot of nice features but the other two I thing are more quality units. Also you might not like the propane set up on the Trilogy. Also consider Excel as another higher end unit. Depending on how deep your pockets are you can have a custom made unit from New Horizon. Remember there are a number of good looking rigs out there but beauty is only skin deep. Good luck
retispcsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Trilogy has the w/d in the bed room walk in closet. only way to install it is opening towards the clothes. other words it makes half the closet useless, if you use it. If you don't want a w/d it doesn't matter. It also has less insulation than most units. Roof is less than any I am aware of. Frame 12" i beam but it is heavier steel than most in it's price range. Drv is 15" of stacked channel. Not 15" ibeam. Excel also puts their w/d in closet. Don't understand why since it is a very good unit.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by retispcsi View Post
The DRV has a I-Beam frame and I beleive it is a 15" frame and that is one of the things that make the DRV a heavy rig.
Nope. The DRV Mobile Suites and Elite Suites have a 15" stacked rectangular tubing frame - 2X6, 2x6 and 2x3 stacked and welded.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
You seem to have either dismissed or have not considered placing a Park Model on your Arizona site...

If the placement is permanent, why not go with a Park Model or a Mobile Home, no air leaks from the slides, you'll have more room, a full bath, more insulation, more cabinets, more closet space and you can add a room/porch....more bang for your buck with a park model.

'06 Elite Suites, '95 KW, '06 Deuce, '04 Low Rider
Gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Thor Owners Club
We sure did like the Trilogy, construction and features. Not that we disliked DRV, Excel or Lifestyle but the DW and I both were picking Trilogy if we went new. Price was right too.

Tough choice but you are getting good input.

06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote