Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #29

When we were looking, the Triology was high on our list. One thing I noticed was that not all of the windows are dual pane, only certain ones. The main deal breaker for us was it didn't use the quiet AC, still using the chill grill type which is noisy to us. Again, very nice units though.
2002dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #30

Glad to see this thread. We are considering a new rig for our retirement years (2-3 years away). We are not considering full-timing, rather, snow-birding ++.

We went to the Hampton RV show this weekend to begin our search. We focused on the Excel and the Trilogy. Though I felt the Excel had a few more pros than the Trilogy, I couldn't see the almost $40K delta was justified. Thankfully we are at the beginning of our search. I think a trip to Hershey will happen for us in September.

I have to chuckle when I see some of the comments here about noise from rain on the roof and AC units, being in hot weather and cold weather, etc. Maybe it's time to take a week or 2 camping in a tent again to realize how good we really have it! 2 years ago we spent some time in Tennessee in early February and I complained that I went through 30lbs of propane in a week, but even while it snowed outside, I was nice and warm. Last year we were in Florida and got caught in one of those tropical thunder storms. The claps of thunder sometimes made the windows shake and the rain pounded the roof. And it was like a lullaby.....
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re LP. the internal gauge in the RV is connected to a float valve in the Mounted tank.. I seriously doubt it can measure the portable tank. HOWEVER this does not mean you can not measure it.. I know of several ways some can be done remotely.

The common way is with some stick on (either peal and stick or magnetic) LCD strips.. You put a pan of water on the stove, heat it to boiling using said propane tank, pour it over the strip and note the color changes.. Very positive level indication is possible.

Remotly.. You will need to spend time, effort and money on this.

There make stress sensors these can be used to make a simple platform scale,, Set said scale on the ground, set the tank (full) on top of it and calibrate the scale to the FULL weight of the tank.. Note the Tare weight of the tank (Stamped on the housing) when weight of tank reaches TARE. it's empty.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #32

One posted about we can always move to a cooler or warmer climate. This is not true for us. We are full time but I still work full time. I chase good paying construction jobs( I am a welder) all over this country. We really enjoy seeing this USA but it takes us into very hot weather sometimes and very cold weather other times. That was why our first unit was a DRV and now our Teton. Both are designed for cold weather use. Now I did decline a great paying job, $52 per hour with 10 hrs 13 days then day off, because it would last through out all of winter in northern North Dakota. Must admit I was more concerned about our bodies than the coach. lol.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #33

Trilogy

I fell in love with the Trilogy !! Except, Washer in front closet, well really it was the BW that said no...But...The new ones have changed...Wider body, This meant no more fiberglass roof.. Sides are no longer curved at top..Will offer Disk Breaks, moved washer to side closet..No more large propane tank < which I really liked).. I really liked that unit...

We are getting a Drv Mobil Suite next week: D
smith45 is offline   Reply With Quote