Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
DWB

Spartan Chassis
Trilogy washer and dryer

We recently purchased a 2014 Trilogy 3850 RL and need to buy a washer and dryer. We had a combo unit in our last RV and my DW says not again. My questions to other owners of Trilogy 5th wheels are:
1. What brand and model of washer and dryer do you have?
2. Were you able to stack the pair?
3. Did you use the venting location indicated in the closet and do you have any advice for me in creating the opening?
4. Was there any problems getting them up into place that I could avoid?

If you have any other experience with the installation of these appliances that is helpful please let me know.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!
Dave B
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
DWB

Spartan Chassis
We ended up purchasing a Splendide combo W/D “vented” unit from Camping World. Our previous Splendide was not vented. The new unit works really well and DW is happy.
Space was a factor in the decision as separate washer and dryer would not work in the available space.
Two of our immediate neighbours are following our lead and buying the vented Splendide combo after unpleasant experiences at the park laundromat where some folks washed their dog bed/blankets in the “people only” machines, lots of hair! There are dedicated machines meant for the furry friends.
Just a update on the topic of W/Ds.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #3

We had stackable Splendide W / D when we got the rig. We have worn out the dryer and replaced it with another of the same. When the Washing machine quit ( I replaced the bearings on it twice so it ran a lot) I put in a Whirlpool front loader and stacked the Splendide on that. If you have room for both that is the way to go because we frequently hang cloths around the house to dry. I have no idea if you can stop a combo unit after washing and before drying and remove the clothes.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote