Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #15

The pin box isn't too heavy--maybe 60-70lbs, but very awkward to handle. It is probably in there tight enough not to fall out when the bolts are removed. If so, you just have to figure out a way to push it upward--if you can get one bolt back in, the rest is just leverage to pivot it into place. Loosening all four bolts without removing them will tell you if it is going to stay in without support.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 AM   #16

You use the hitch in the truck to support the pin box at the front and use a bottle jack to support it at the rear. Remove the bolts. Then use the landing gear to lower the trailer til the next set of holes line up and re-install the bolts. Doesn't matter what the pin box weighs because you aren't having to support it.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #17

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle1 View Post
You use the hitch in the truck to support the pin box at the front and use a bottle jack to support it at the rear. Remove the bolts. Then use the landing gear to lower the trailer til the next set of holes line up and re-install the bolts. Doesn't matter what the pin box weighs because you aren't having to support it.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #18

You can also use a couple of punches that are smaller then the bolt holes and move the pin box
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
The pin box isn't too heavy--maybe 60-70lbs, but very awkward to handle. It is probably in there tight enough not to fall out when the bolts are removed. If so, you just have to figure out a way to push it upward--if you can get one bolt back in, the rest is just leverage to pivot it into place. Loosening all four bolts without removing them will tell you if it is going to stay in without support.
When I moved mine (moreryde pinbox) it only weighed about 30 pounds, I was really surprised at how light it was, also, mine was not pinched in there. I took all but one bolt out then I braced it with my shoulder and that is when I realized how light it was. I the used 1 hand removed the last bolt, moved it where I wanted it and put the bolts back in.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:51 PM   #20

The new trucks sit so dang tall nowadays. My 2016 Arctic Fox came tall from the factory so that it was level with my 2016 Duramax. On my previous trailer, a 2002 Arctic Fox 28', I used 1 1/2" spring blocks to lift the trailer level with the truck. I bought a kit with the blocks, u-bolts and everything needed to complete. I used that trailer over 10 years with no problems. I think Morride makes a kit used to correct alignment problems that can raise the trailer also.
Maybe a quick trip to a competent trailer shop to get some ideas would be best.
Good luck and keep us posted. Dave-R

Tags
front cap