Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Use Laundromat or Have Washer & Dryer
Use Laundromat 26 50.98%
Have Washer & Dryer 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #29

Personally, I love my spendide combo. Just don't understand what people are talking about when they complain about the time or wrinkle factor. I can do a load in 1.5 hours (30 min wash - 45 to 60 min dry) if you take the clothes out after wash, shake, reload, add dryer balls, take out after drying is finished, no more wrinkles than if you did it at home. (same thing as if I removed clothes and loaded dryer at home). Plus, I use maybe a couple of tablespoons of detergent and softener per load and I've found my combo does a better job of cleaning than the new washer that was in my house.

What's not to love? To each their own, just like the argument of which is better - TT or MH, Class A or Class C, diesel or gas. Does it really matter? It's what works for you.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #30

For the first several years of our fulltiming life, we used laundry mats. We generally found bad water and dirty machines, long lines to use machines, etc, but we lived with it since we did not have an onboard washer/dryer. Then we purchased our current RV with the stackable Splendide units. Wow, it is really nice not have to drive to a laundry mat and fight for machines that have been used for who knows what. Must be the part of the country we have been in but we have never seen a laundry mat with a TV in it, heck most do not even have change machines. We can wash a set of queen size sheets or all our towels in one load. We generally do our laundry first thing in the morning or in the evening when we are home relaxing in the pjs or sweats. So convenient. But that is us as we will not have an RV without some sort if washer/dryer again. Each to his own.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #31

We downsized after having a couple of 40'Dps and the only real thing we miss is the WD. We had a combo on both and used them ALL the time, sometimes when rolling down the road without ANY problems. The motion did not impact either unit and of course these units are on boats also and they are always moving around.

NEVER had any issues with the combo in either coach.

The unit was also our hamper and we washed when it got full. I was not quite as discerning with colors etc and sometimes my DW would admonish me re my washing protocol so I was eventually banned from using it. See sometimes being stupid works. I got out of laundry duty.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #32

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
For those of you who have voted against the in-rv washer/dryer....how many of you have actually had one (them)? It is easy to say that you would prefer a laundry mat, but your vote is actually miniscule if you don't have any experience with the other. Right?

Not a good poll as it was worded wrong. The poll should have included those who have used both. Then the results would make sense.

Just my opinion, of course.

Have a great day...

Ron
I agree on the poll not having the 'both' button. My concern is having two adults and two teens, not how well the washer/dryer works. Again, either a combo or separates will take up a lot of cargo weight and possibly end up with an over loaded rig or very unhappy people who can't take what they want along. Also, you're going to have at least twice the volume of laundry to clean and the units available aren't residential high capacity (although they work fine for two adults).
Old 03-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
We go into the town and use the launder mat about once every two weeks and get it done. The space is used for storage of towels, sheets and other things including the bottom shelve for the dirty clothes basket. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #34

We are planing on taking ours out as it is to small and takes to long. Almost useless
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #35

We really like our Whirlpool washer/dryer, I didn't know it but our dealer was telling me that after putting in our setup out of our old 5ver he wouldn't do it again. He said the whirlpools are about 2 inches bigger than the splendides. I will tell you they really work well wouldn't do without them. They are quick and efficient basically the apt. size.
cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote