RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
So how do I find out the owner of Camper Inn in Kingston NH. I tried google nothing came up.

The business will be registered with the state. You should be able to find the owner from the state websites.

A lawyer will quicken things for you. But if you bought as "new" and the paperwork said new, and it is actually used, you will get a new rig. Not sure you'll do business with them again, but that level of fraud or incompetence is in acceptable.

HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #16

Best advice Iíve heard here is donít wait and contact a lawyer. The lawyer will be able to determine who legally owns the business. This is not an innocent mistake. If what you have related is true, the dealership has committed fraud. If the bank knew it was previously titled, they too may be complicit in the fraud. Dealers tend to work with the same lenders over and over.

Sounds like you have been cheated and you need to make a big deal of it.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #17

I'm going to the DMV tomorrow and see If they will give me more information.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here: https://www.campersinn.com/about-us
Looks to be a pretty large dealership with many locations.
Not sure why you signed the deal when the bells went off with the finance person. Not blaming anyone here, but I would have balked and walked.

Please keep us posted.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #19

Just a thought. Itís possible that another buyer had registured the vin with Heartland just for the warranty but not yet with DMV and their financing was not approved and the deal fell thru. I would check with DMV. If it never was registured then it is new. If it was registured with DMV then it is not new. If it was previously registered with DMV and sold to you as new you should contact a lawyer. The dealership must have a business license listing the owners info and is regulated by DMV. Your lawyer will have no problem obtaining this info.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #20

For finance purposes that is true about the bank considering it used if itís an 18 . I just bought an 18 on clearance got a great deal on it but the bank wouldnít go the longer term on it and even tho it is new it being an 18 consider ,for the purpose of term of the loan only , it used . Still got the new RV interest rate and I didnít want to finance it that long anyway so no problem. And I got the full new warranty and Iím sure it is in fact new and never titled to another owner . Should be easy to find out call the factory give them the vin number they will know for sure because of the warranty if it has been sold the warranty wiould have started on the day it was sold the first time if not it started on the date you bought it . And Iím sure they would be none too happy with a dealer passing a used unit off as new .
Sgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Just a thought. Itís possible that another buyer had registured the vin with Heartland just for the warranty but not yet with DMV and their financing was not approved and the deal fell thru. I would check with DMV. If it never was registured then it is new. If it was registured with DMV then it is not new. If it was previously registered with DMV and sold to you as new you should contact a lawyer. The dealership must have a business license listing the owners info and is regulated by DMV. Your lawyer will have no problem obtaining this info.
My thoughts as I read this thread were the same as these^^. The only ďregistrationĒ mentioned was from the manufacturer, not any DMV. Before anyone goes ballistic, the OP should find out.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
My thoughts as I read this thread were the same as these^^. The only ďregistrationĒ mentioned was from the manufacturer, not any DMV. Before anyone goes ballistic, the OP should find out.
Finally, some sane advice. There is no harm in waiting a week to see if/what the manufacturer, the dealer and the DMV can come up with. I love the, "GET A LAWYER NOW!!" crowd.

An unfortunate part of my business is settling disputes and often working with lawyers. I promise you getting a lawyer involved in ANY dispute should be your absolute LAST resort. Some posts here remind me of people jumping on a bus after it crashes. "Go pick out the most expensive RV on the lot...."

OP, take all the "advice" here with a grain of salt. See what you can work out on your own. There is quite possibly a totally innocent explanation. If not, there's plenty of time to, "lawyer up" later.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #23

I'm betting that this turns out to be a previous finance deal that failed....but if the unit left the lot on good faith that the banking was looking like an approval, then it is a used unit just like any bankruptcy or repro. If the unit stayed at the dealer waiting for the financing and only taken off the sales list, then it is a new unit. OP has some homework to do with the DMV.

In my own case, someone bought the coach, drove it home and realized that it would not be able to tow what he needed to haul behind it and brought it back to trade up. Less than 200 miles and never de-winterized or unwrapped the mattresses. The dealer had to sell it as used to me. I got lucky being there when it went on the lot again. The dealer cut the original purchaser a good deal on his upgrade and gave me an outstanding deal on the "used" unit that I bought. Dealer made money and two customers were happy.

I'm going to watch this thread to see how it all turns out, but no matter what, regardless of being "new" or "Used", the roof bubbles should be made right by the dealer like any warranty would be.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
I'm betting that this turns out to be a previous finance deal that failed....but if the unit left the lot on good faith that the banking was looking like an approval, then it is a used unit just like any bankruptcy or repro. If the unit stayed at the dealer waiting for the financing and only taken off the sales list, then it is a new unit. OP has some homework to do with the DMV.
This is true....once the tires hit the street pavement, it's used. Doesn't matter how far it was towed.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
So how do I find out the owner of Camper Inn in Kingston NH. I tried google nothing came up.
Your Attorney will find out easier than you can , but if it's any kind of LLC or Corp. your Sec of State office will have that info.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CAMPERS-INN OF KINGSTON, INC

https://quickstart.sos.nh.gov/online...sinessID=19628
Old 08-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #27

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
You'll find that info on website homepage "about" section.
COO is Ben Hirsch and he's in Jacksonville, FL. I belive Jeff is the owner.
The dealer should easily be able to truthfully resolve this. I can't imagine they don't know inventory history. I agree that banks consider a vehicle new based on no previous ownership.
At any rate, they need to make it right and if you get any run around about it all simply keep you mouth shut and let an attorney handle from then on. Don't ever threaten legal action. Good luck and PLEASE update us.
jdpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #28

I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.

dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote