RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #57

Be careful. Campers Inn received trailers that were used as housing when the city of Lawrence had the over presurized gas lines and homes weren't safe to live in. There were campers set up all over the area that were new and when the gas problems resolved, were sent to cmapers in for sale. Are they still.considered new? Were they registered? Be careful.

Steve721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #58

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
So how do I find out the owner of Camper Inn in Kingston NH. I tried google nothing came up.
Private corporation:

https://www.manta.com/c/mmswv9y/camp...ng-corporation

If they sold a used vehicle as new, they can lose their dealer's license. I'd suggest talking to the state DMV as a starting point.

And then go to this web page: https://www.doj.nh.gov/consumer/sour.../autos-new.htm

nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski37 View Post
As an attorney, I would recommend you consult with one early.
Here's a surprise.....

Of course, we all know how getting as many attorneys involved early usually clears things up right away..... and for small amounts of money with little hassle.

Isn't there some saying about, if it weren't for attorneys, you'd never need one.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #60

9 days after the OP got the issue resolved and people are still telling him what he needs to do.

RMPL people!
tfryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #61

Just so everyone knows...
Quote:
Finally got everything straightened out and brought the camper home.
Ayvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #62

I had the same thing happen to me at Freedom RV now known as Apple RV in Liberty Lake,WA. They sold it to another person then repossessed it and sold it as new to us. They stated that since the trailer had never been transferred/registered with the DMV and another manufacturer document had never been sent to the bank they could sell it as new. What a crock of $&@! So we got a used trailer that had been damaged and abused. We found out after having signed papers etc.
We discovered this deception and fraud, in my opinion. When we found the previous owners trip permit. It had been sold a year earlier. The dealer was a night mare to work with. I will never do business with them again. We tried the state attorneys office and they would give no help other than phone numbers of other help desks and advised to get an attorney if we wanted to determine it what the dealer did was fraud and against the law. The trailer is nice and functional. However the thought of what the dealer did and the feeling of helplessness is very frustrating. So we are working through the mess on our own and when all of the repairs are done we will have a better trailer.
I am glad you got your issues resolved
Knotty Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #63

I work for DMV on the left coast in CA. A new vehicle is licensed with a report of sale and a cerificate of origin. A used vehicle would have a title. There is no way the dealer would not know. Could have been a "come back" from an unhappy customer. I have also seen dealers cheat and tell the manufacturer that a unit was sold in order to qualify for some sort of financial incentive. In any case, I would immediately if not sooner visit the dealership and speak to the owner. Ask to see the copies of the documents used to register it. If there is a certificate of origin, it is new. If there is a title, There you go. Tell the owner to replace it or next stop Attorney General and Complaint to DMV who licenses dealerships. They would not take it lightly I imagine.
Soul Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
9 days after the OP got the issue resolved and people are still telling him what he needs to do.

RMPL people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayvee View Post
Just so everyone knows...

Finally got everything straightened out and brought the camper home.
And two new posts after these, above!

Can’t believe this, it’s “The Thread That Wouldn’t Die!”

Time to lock this monster away in the Closed Thread dungeon. Mods?.....
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #65

Run a CarFax report. Take it with you to the dealership. If it is used, they got some splaining to do Lucy!
Old 08-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #66

Whoa! Don't get carried away. That's blackmail, Lynn.
BikesandGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #67

Used camper sold as new

We bought a 2013 Heartland fifthwheel in November and we were concerned about the bubble on our roof. Three years later we were on a 3 month trip and the front part of the roof blew up into a big bubble. They told us the same thing. No big deal. We didn't want to ruin our trip so my husband took some boards and nailed it down. When we got home they replaced our roof at no charge. It was in the summer and everytime there was a thunderstorm we prayed for no leak. Thankfully there wasn't one. Good luck
Lmorales2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:02 AM   #68

Quote:
I bought a new 2108 Big Counter from campers Inn in Kingston NH. the bill of sale say's new, was advertised as new. I had questions about some roof bubbles that the dealer claims in normal, so I called Heartland to ask what they thought, he began by asking me the Vin number, He advised me I was not the original owner, that it had been previously registered. He asked for the sales receipt and said he would contact Campers Inn and find out more. If this is true what recourse do I have? I can't believe a dealer would do this.
what was the mileage?
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #69

Don't wait

Quote:
I'm going to wait until I hear more from Heartland he said he will look into it, as long as they don't take too long otherwise I will see if the DMV will give me that information.
I wouldn't wait on Heartland. I would call the DMV pronto and verify the Vin number yourself. The longer you wait the more issues you might have proving your case.
Pdconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:05 AM   #70

nevermind

Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote