Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #43

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Congratulations. I hope it gives you many years and miles of safe, fun enjoyment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
II would walk onto their lot and pick out the most expensive unit they have on the lot and tell them they will trade you even up for the one you have now. If they don't agree tell them you are going to contact the State's Attorney General and your own lawyer and a lawsuit will be forthcoming.

Lynn

Do what I want, or I sue you. sounds like extortion to me.

I'm sure the judge is going to love how you offered to be paid off.
quartlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #45

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
The business will be registered with the state. You should be able to find the owner from the state websites.

A lawyer will quicken things for you. But if you bought as "new" and the paperwork said new, and it is actually used, you will get a new rig. Not sure you'll do business with them again, but that level of fraud or incompetence is in acceptable.

As an attorney, I would recommend you consult with one early. Go to AVVO.com and search for an attorney in your area that deals with deceptive trade practices or consumer law.
As for locating owner, for a small fee you should be able to search business entities at the secretary of states site for your state. It should list management and the listed agent. The listed agent is who I would send certified mail. Keep copy’s of everything and try to get all in writing.

Regards Ron
baranski37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:59 AM   #46

Would the OP help me understand something. Was there a state issued owners title issued in someone else's name that had to be " transferred " to you the new owner of thie rv or was just a potential buyer jumping the gun on warranty registration ? Just me, but if there is a title with Bubba Gump as owner and is transferred, then to me it's USED not new. I think someone bought it , took it home, saw the bubbles and demanded recourse. But I put all rv/car dealers in the same boat full of less than truthful folks.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960C182 View Post
Would the OP help me understand something. Was there a state issued owners title issued in someone else's name that had to be " transferred " to you the new owner of thie rv or was just a potential buyer jumping the gun on warranty registration ? Just me, but if there is a title with Bubba Gump as owner and is transferred, then to me it's USED not new. I think someone bought it , took it home, saw the bubbles and demanded recourse. But I put all rv/car dealers in the same boat full of less than truthful folks.
What do you do for a living so I can bunch you into a boat full of someone's?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
Excellent, Glad to see it worked out..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
What do you do for a living so I can bunch you into a boat full of someone's?
Retired from a business that if you were inclined could clean a checkbook empty. I found just doing a good job was just as prosperous and made sleeping easier . However , grew up in family of car/boat/camper sales people & carney so have heard a few stories. You feal better now you know how I developed my opinion.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
Get an attorney that is conversant in vehicle sales fraud. Present what your have, and let them dig for dealer owners, etc. Don't wait for Heartland! They are interested, but the dog they have is not as big as yours, in this show. Contact DMV, tell them you may have been defrauded by a dealer and get the VIN run. You don't need to know who the previous owner is, just whether there is one. Get that in writing!
RVs are not like cars, that when used as demos, can be sold as used.
You are not going the whole explanation concerning the bank!
Lawyer up!
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:39 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would just confront them with what you know and request to terminate the deal. They may offer to reduce the price, if you are happy with it. Then take the deal, but ask why it was returned and that if it was a production issue, that it be fixed. Request name and number of the previous owner and ask why they returned. Compare notes.
Important is that you feel any issues fixed and happy with prices.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #52

Please don’t hesitate!

I recently retired from over 40 years in banking, of which a good many were in the indirect finance business. A used vehicle/RV is titled in the state where it was registered. Conversely, a true new unit is on a certificate of origin which is what you should have received, regardless of year, with your other acquisition docs.

You ought to decide what you want the outcome of this issue to look like and don’t delay; if the dealer actually misrepresented the RV to you then you are most likely NOT the only customer they’ve done this to. The dealer could be in serious financial trouble and could be looking at bankruptcy and you then could be at the mercy of the bankruptcy court. The point is if you hesitate, you could end up losing.
JerryHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #53

Hopefully Helpful Information

From the BBB website:
https://www.bbb.org/us/nh/kingston/profile/rv-dealers/campers-inn-of-kingston-inc-0051-5000987

Business Details
Location of This Business
146 Route 125, Kingston, NH 03848-3538
BBB File Opened: 7/31/1990
Years in Business: 34
Business Started: 1/1/1985
Type of Entity: Corporation
Number of Employees: 41
Alternate Business Name
Campers Inn
Related Businesses
Campers Inn of Merrimack, Inc.
Contact Information
Principal
Jeffrey Hirsch, President/CEO
Customer Contact
Jeffrey Hirsch, President/CEO
Other Contacts
Gregg Kleczkowski, General Sales Manager
Mike Leahy, Service Manager
Additional Contact Information
Fax Numbers
(603) 347-9611
Products and Services
Camper's Inn of Kingston, Inc. offers

It’s possible the CEO - Jeffery Hirsch is the owner. 41 yrs in the business & an “A” rating (saying from experience - that can be debatable). If they sold you a “Used” unit as “New” that President is going to be one MAD man!

Off of Whitepages.com:
https://www.whitepages.com/name/Jeffrey-Hirsch/Kingston-NH?l=Kingston%2C+NH&q=Jeffrey+Hirsch

Jeffrey S Hirsch
Age 60s

PHONE NUMBERS
(617) 731-9049
Fixed Voip
(508) 788-1076
Landline
USA Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #54

NO SURPRISE... Campers Inn is known for deceptive practices - the moment it became obvious during my deal with them, I closed my checkbook and locked it. THEN I posted a complaint with the BBB! Terribly dishonest company.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #55

Something like that happened to me years ago. Bought a used Rexall which dealer said was a 2000. Got my registration slip and it was listed as a 1999. Rexall confirmed it was a 1999 coach they built on a 2000 Ford chassis.

My dealer realized his mistake and compensated me by installing a full Banks power system on my rig. He was embarrassed, I was happy and the problem was solved.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
When I was signing paperwork for the sale the finance lady told me my payments were going to be higher than they said because the bank considered the camper used because it was a 2018 and wouldn't give me the extended term. My bill of sale states it's new as did the ad which has been taken down, maybe the bank already knew that it was previously owned.
This should have been your first clue of BS. I would not wait for the manufacturer. This is your problem not theirs.
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote