Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
So how do I find out the owner of Camper Inn in Kingston NH. I tried google nothing came up.
https://sos.nh.gov/nhbuslookup.aspx
Joe O is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 06:16 AM   #72

Hello.. Once a TT has been PLATED, it is considered used. If the dealer did not give you a TITLE, and only paperwork with a bill of sale, it could be because many states send you the title in the mail. Was there a state issued plate already mounted to the back of the camper? If you have (bubbles) on the roof.. that would be a concern.. How big are the bubbles? Could be manufacturer flaw when laying the tpo on roof.
vandelhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #73

It could be a problem from a salesman that wrote the wrong vin down. They corrected it later but didn't correct it with the manufacture. If you paid cash you should have gotten an MSO. (Manufacture State of Origin). If you financed it the lien holder in some states will get the title and will send title to you when it is paid for. Some states file the lien on the title and then send it to you. When it is paid off you get a lien release.Vehicles don't come with a title, used vehicles have titles. The early registration that is important is warranty start date. Warranty starts when it is registered. Verify and get in writing what the in service date is.
rak1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.
The best thing you can do is call the title devision of the NH state office. Explain your situation and if a title was issued prior to yours they will inform you. Heartlands is not the authority on new and used, DMV is. That said for your sake the dealer is responsible for correcting it with Heartland's so you are treated as a new owner.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Use the BBB for binding arbitration

I purchased a new 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid from a dealer in MD and registered it in SD, where my on the road mailbox is located. The car turned out to be a total piece of crap. Everything on the car is electrical. The car links to a Ford app on my phone and notifies me if there is an issue. It is supposed to be able to be parked for two weeks before stating it up to recharge the battery. In actuality, It shut down twice while driving. Most times I drove it for a lengthy period I would receive a notification within an hour of arriving telling me the car was dead. I would have to break into the car to get to the engine battery in the trunk, disconnect it, then reconnect to try to reset the system. I carried a jumper battery with me at all times. My wife was afraid to drive the car and I wasn't too happy about driving it myself. It was a horrible experience. Ford has a log of all of the failure notifications but, when I asked they for the list, their legal department refused to give it to me, claiming it was "proprietary information". I did have the last three months still on my phone and it totaled something like 84 notifications, most of which tole me that my car was "dead". I contacted Ford and asked them to replace the car. They told me that the number of failures was too low to warrant a replacement and that I hadn't given Ford enough of an opportunity to fix it. (They reloaded the software multiple times and the battery was replaced three times. Ford told me that they wouldn't replace it again. They had a list of every dealer (nine) I visited and told me that most had stated there was no problem found. The manual says to disconnect the battery to reset the system so I could drive it, but a reset also clears the codes). I finally figured out that because I registered the car in a state different than the one I purchased the car in lemon laws did not apply to my car and Ford was was off the hook. When I asked Ford about this they refused to discuss it.

I contacted the BBB and asked them for binding arbitration. Ford turned in their documentation and I turned in mine. There were alot of forms to sign and the process took about two months. The BBB decided that my claims were more legitimate, better documented, and more thorough than Ford's was and they told Ford to replace the car. At that point Ford left it up to me to find that car and they had to be pushed hard to do the exchange paperwork. The BBB helped make that happen as well. My 2017 is now a 2019, even exchange, and it works fine.

If you are having issues with an RV or car purchase keep a log of your contacts, copies of any documents, emails, and letters, and ask for binding arbitration by the BBB of someone else reputable. Chances are the dealer will suddenly see the light and start treating you with more respect.

I found the BBB to be ready and willing to help and they did a tremendous job keeping me up to date and letting me know what they needed from me. The have a dedicated department for this type of issue and I can't say enough good things about them. They are there for you whether you buy a new RV that isn't or have ongoing build issues that the dealer will not resolve in a reasonable amount of time or fashion.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
9 days after the OP got the issue resolved and people are still telling him what he needs to do.

RMPL people!
People read the first post and respond without every reading another post. It happens time and time again, so often it should be mandatory that you can't reply without proving that you read the entire thread.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:03 PM   #77

This is hilarious that people keep posting on this long after the issue has been resolved. I cant stop laughing
Miamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:27 AM   #78

If nobody has mentioned it maybe the op should talk with a lawyer. ��
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:25 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Originally Posted by dadnjesse

I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.

How does that happen? Unless you have a signed contract, paid a down payment, completed the loan documents or paid the full amount, why would the dealer and motor vehicles office allow a transfer of ownership? The financing has to be approved first. No dealer would ever allow a trailer to leave the lot or otherwise without cash completed.
I am confused to be sure.

I would look further into this if it were me. He could be hiding the truth. Your last sentence tells me you are not convinced yet. Please follow the paper trail until your are sure and comfortable.

It costs $5 in my state to confirm or deny ownership with the DMV. They will either tell you it was or wasn't. They will not give you the buyers name though.
Sometimes dealers will jump the gun on registering a vehicle with the manufacture. There can be bonus' involved if you hit a certain number by the manufacture. The cealer might offer a bonus if the sales manager sells so many units and that bonus might include other managers and sales department personnel. Sometimes a rebate may run out if they dont register the vehicle by a certain date.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
This is hilarious that people keep posting on this long after the issue has been resolved. I cant stop laughing
Could be some people are trying to learn something They will know what to do if it happens to them.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
If nobody has mentioned it maybe the op should talk with a lawyer. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1950 View Post
Could be some people are trying to learn something They will know what to do if it happens to them.

These three posts tell it all.

First post, statement of fact--what we all know--that too many do not read the thread and simply jump in at the end.

Second post, perfect example of someone who obviously never took the time to read the thread and underscores the first quote. "Lawyers" were mentioned probably ten time throughout the posts.

Third post, sorry rationalization, as anyone who read the thread would have, indeed, gleaned information for possible similar circumstances. Adding new posts to a thread dealing with an issue that has been resolved adds nothing for the OP. How does adding a post which tells the OP what he should do or relates the poster's own experience, help that poster "learn something?" Reading the thread, in its entirety is how one learns from another's experience.
(To rak1950, if I misinterpreted your post, I apologize in advance.)

Seriously, it's time to lock this thread.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1950 View Post
I still think its funny
Miamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
These three posts tell it all.

First post, statement of fact--what we all know--that too many do not read the thread and simply jump in at the end.

Second post, perfect example of someone who obviously never took the time to read the thread and underscores the first quote. "Lawyers" were mentioned probably ten time throughout the posts.

Third post, sorry rationalization, as anyone who read the thread would have, indeed, gleaned information for possible similar circumstances. Adding new posts to a thread dealing with an issue that has been resolved adds nothing for the OP. How does adding a post which tells the OP what he should do or relates the poster's own experience, help that poster "learn something?" Reading the thread, in its entirety is how one learns from another's experience.
(To rak1950, if I misinterpreted your post, I apologize in advance.)

Seriously, it's time to lock this thread.

The second post was just me being a smart azz.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
The second post was just me being a smart azz.
I got that, I guess not everyone did.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote