Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #1

Vanleigh Vilano Satellite Install

I just got the DirecTv Travl'r SWM dish working in my 2017 Vilano 325RL with my Genie receivers. I thought I would share my experience. Trailer was pre-wired. My first mistake was letting Camper World try to install. Even after putting them in touch with the factory, they couldn't make it work with the internal wiring. Two days and almost 3 grand later they get the dish installed on the roof and not much else.
Then comes Glen with Carroll's Satellite
In Lancaster CA. In about 3 hours he finds the coax and data cables behind the fireplace and has everything up and running.
My only real issue with the Vanleigh folks is no wiring diagram and the coax cables behind the fireplace were not connected in the cabinet above the TV. To make the bedroom work he had to bypass a splitter behind the basement wall on the door side. The factory installed splitters don't appear to be Directv compatible.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #2

How do you like your new Vilano? We are looking at the 365 but they want come down to a price we can afford. Still working on them for a better price.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #3

David2385, we are pretty happy with it. We have had it a couple of months. There have been a few minor issues but overall good quality. I got a pretty good price from Explore USA in Ft Worth TX. They beat several other dealers. I dealt with Joe Chappa.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #4

A few CW are good most are subparr to crap. Lousy training l guess.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

wg5jim, sorry I didn't get back with you. My computer crashed and just now getting it back up. We like the vilano a lot. What kind of little things did you have go wrong? We are trying to find a 5th wheel that will keep cool in the Okla. Heat. With this unit having the option of the third AC unit and as well insulated as it is I though it would be better. Other 5th wheel on our short list is the Heartland Big Country 3650RL.
Glad you like your 5th Wheel
David
Old 10-16-2016, 06:11 PM   #6

David, we had the paneling inside the TV enclosure and inside the stove bulge at the edge where they didn't get enough glue on them. We also had a piece of trim at the bottom of the refrigerator break off. In the bedroom one of the window shades pulled loose from the roller. It looked like some of the cable/wiring was loose and got trapped when the slide out went out. One other thing to consider is if you get the disc brake option, some factory brake controllers won't work. I found out at the last minute that my 2009 Chevy 2500HD controller would not work.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg5jim View Post
...One other thing to consider is if you get the disc brake option, some factory brake controllers won't work. I found out at the last minute that my 2009 Chevy 2500HD controller would not work.
Does Vanleigh offer discs as an option?

BTW, factory trailer brake controllers on 2015 and later Chevys and GMCs do work with electric/hydraulic discs.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #8

"The factory installed splitters don't appear to be Directv compatible."
The SWM signal does not travel through splitters. That system is for people who choose a dome antenna. I use the Traveler and Direct tv also and like it better than Dish network.

Not sure why camping world is not up to date.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #9

So using a SWIM direct tv dish and hooked to the sat. connection in wet bay with a Genie box at main tv and a client at bedroom tv would not work on the vanleigh 5th wheels?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #10

paz, is there a fix for the stock controllers on 2015 3500 for elect. brakes?
Old 10-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #11
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2385 View Post
paz, is there a fix for the stock controllers on 2015 3500 for elect. brakes?
The controllers should all work on electric brakes regardless of the year. It's just electric/hydraulic discs that the Chevy/GMC controllers prior to 2015 won't work with.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Does Vanleigh offer discs as an option?

BTW, factory trailer brake controllers on 2015 and later Chevys and GMCs do work with electric/hydraulic discs.

Yes Vanleigh does offer disc brakes. They are the electric/hydraulic brakes. I found out the day before I picked up that my 2009 Chevy factory controller wouldn't work.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #13

has anyone experience with the cord reel..mind only winds up half the cord
Old 11-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #14

i think the only thing that needed to be done is to run rc connectors from satelite receiver to the tv

Tags
install, satellite