Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

video connector

the video connector on the side of my trailer will only send video if i use a video modulator box. it has a 12 volt antenna booster for a roofmount antenna i tried disconnecting the booster and cableing direct with the external video connector to no avail.any thoughts would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo7 View Post
the video connector on the side of my trailer will only send video if i use a video modulator box. it has a 12 volt antenna booster for a roofmount antenna i tried disconnecting the booster and cableing direct with the external video connector to no avail.any thoughts would be appreciated.
photo7, Check into the Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. (10 Viewing)

Welcome to iRV2.com! Please come back and visit often!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First,,, I have NEVER seen a trailer with a video connector on the side. Never.

I have seen
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #4

I think he means the cable connector on the outside of the unit.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #5

If he means the cable connector, I tried running my DTV sat dish through it and it wouldn't work. I solved the problem by adding another "cable connector" to the outside of my TT and running RG6 coax through an A-B switch to the sat reciever. I connected the "cable" RG59 coax to the other side of the switch so I can now use cable, antenna or sat to view on my tv. Remember, if you are using the cable to view, then the antena booster must be turned off. This worked for me.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #6

Being that you ran another cable how did you run it as I am thinking of doing this for my DTV sat hook up??
Old 07-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf2810 View Post
I think he means the cable connector on the outside of the unit.
That is what I figured too... Much of my post seems not to have posted (in case it looked cut off)

The connector he thinks is a video connector is a park-cable RF (Radio Frequency or Antenna) connector. Hence the need for a modulator.

Some rigs have a box with many buttons.. They are grouped according to televisions or destination device.. Example
TV-1 VCR, TV-2 TV-3
And in each group (Save VCR has no VCR button) there are buttons with names like TV-ANT, Cable, SAT, DVD, VCR.

In those units, the box with the buttons.... Does, indeed, have a set of Video Connectors (Red-White-Yellow RCA or Phono jacks usually) and of course.. The box contains a modulator.

Hint to Original poster.. Consumer Video connectors do not have threads.. RF (Specifically "F" type) connectors do (As do a number of others, but they are RF or industrial Video, not consumer video)
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf2810 View Post
Being that you ran another cable how did you run it as I am thinking of doing this for my DTV sat hook up??
I drilled a hole large enough for the coax from the inside of entertaiment center, being careful not to hit any wiring in the outsde wall and being low enough from the outside of the TT so I could reach the connection. Then ran the RG6 coax with the connector through the wall and attached it to the outside cable connector and attached that to the outside wall using the screws provided and the sealing putty type stuff. That gave me a good water tight seal from the outside. The RG6 was then attached to one side of the A-B switch.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #9

thanks

thank you for the help i am going to install a seperate connector like you suggested to a a/b switch
Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StStg1 View Post
I drilled a hole large enough for the coax from the inside of entertaiment center, being careful not to hit any wiring in the outsde wall and being low enough from the outside of the TT so I could reach the connection. Then ran the RG6 coax with the connector through the wall and attached it to the outside cable connector and attached that to the outside wall using the screws provided and the sealing putty type stuff. That gave me a good water tight seal from the outside. The RG6 was then attached to one side of the A-B switch.

Thank you for the info I will give it a try as it sounds kind of simple.