Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As small as an RV machine tub is not available in a laundry.
I think the sideways tub size is deceptive. I felt the same about the S&B washer & dryer we have. They just don't look like they should hold as much as they actually do. AND... I have been in some campground laundries that have tiny little tub washers and I had to divide what should have been one load into 2. I think one was the KOA in Casper, WY.

Quote:
A pair of socks? Where da heck was dat?
The internet can be your friend.
Okay.. a pair of socks and maybe an odd sock. Seriously, I did not think they would hold as much as they do and said as much to a salesman when he seemed rather proud that the coach he was showing us had the stack. We didn't buy that coach and I had no desire to have a W/D but the used coach that met our other requirements had them. As long as you don't pack clothes in and and can shut the door without squashing clothes, you're good.

On the downside, you can't do but one load at a time, one needs FHU and the dryer takes longer.

I used the dryer when we were out the last time because 3 of us got drenched while on a walk-a-bout. It was so nice not to have clothes draped over chairs hoping they'd dry.

IMO, it's a very nice addition. Sort of like the residential fridge... I could live without it but no way do I want to!

traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
If you are living in it for longer periods, yes you might be glad to have it. We opted out and are happy with the extra storage closet shelves. I rarely am home enough to do laundry, rarely gone for more than 3 weeks, so I don't miss it. I've always had a problem picturing us dragging a washer and dryer across the USA just for a few loads. Lol. Just me tho....

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #17

Washer and Dryer or not?

There are always good excuses for those that love their toys. They are actually cute and pretty.
Once every 2-3 weeks. Easy to choose good weather ya know? But rain is not panic time either.
When there is a video of a king sheet and fitted sheet and two pillowcases that is washed in 20 minutes not wadded in a ball coming out of a Splendide requiring the big "shake-out" and dried in another 20, I will be impressed.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #18

First of all 1600 for the units is a bit high unless they are including install.
We have Whirlpool front loading stackable
1. I do laundry once or twice a week. While it is running I do that thing that always needs done. Ya know clean, do dishes, watch TV, etc. That means thatwhen I'm done I am out having fun INSTEAD of sitting in the laundromat
2. $1300 initial purchase. After 8 years its paid for itself and we have had thousand's for fuel or play instead if feeding quarters into a machine.
3. Mine are apartment size so whole set of sheets is not an issue. Several pair of jeans and a couple Ts is great. Undies for 2 for a week. So no I'm not washing just the clothes we wore today
4 Evev if the machine at a laundry mat is "clean". I don't know what type of detergent etc has been in it. YUCK! And dryers not only take forever they tend to run hot and I don't want my clothes ruined, shrunk etc.
5. Oh wait. Its raining now I have to lug the stuff in the car, out of the car back into the car and back in the rig. No thanks. I'm snug and dry typing ng on my nook in my pj's
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #19

Oh I forgot. I don't need extra storage, cause we carry less clothes,cause I can wash what I have.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #20

Washer and Dryer or not?

Clothes and folding: 75 minutes. Shopping: 60 minutes.
15 minutes every 3-4 weeks is the bottom line. Grease and hair and whatever, never.
Less than $600 over 3.5 years and never a repair nor an add to our electric bill.
YMMV.
I love these threads that have no solution for everyone, but have just as many opinions as there are belly buttons!
Happy Trails

Old 06-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Clothes and folding: 75 minutes. Shopping: 60 minutes.
15 minutes every 3-4 weeks is the bottom line. Grease and hair and whatever, never.
Less than $600 over 3.5 years and never a repair nor an add to our electric bill.
YMMV.
Happy Trails
I'm so happy for you that you don't have to worry with a washer & dryer in your coach! Things seem to usually work out for the best.
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #22

For me it makes sense to have them. Doing a small load to get me thru for a couple days or more will work. My plan is to find a good park and long term it there and by good park I mean decent sites, facilities and management. So if I need to do a big load once in a while I can use the camp laundry. I'm an early riser and being able to toss in something I might want for the day at 4:00am in the rig sounds better than walking in the dark to a camp facility.

Secondly - thanks everyone for all the responses -
Old 06-23-2015, 04:27 AM   #23

I think it's a mixed bag ... If I had one I'd probably use it ... I don't and like the additional storage. Would I spend $1600? ... no. We do laundry every 5-7 days at $7 total. We could go a lot longer cuz' we wear mostly quick-dry shirts/shorts and use quick-dry towels.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had the dealer take ours out as part of the deal and install three huge drawers in its place.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435051995.624596.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  59.3 KB
DW was happy with the extra storage.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:48 AM   #25

I think if DH and I decide to go fulltime we would want a W&D but for now we feel it's not necessary. We've always been able to find nice clean laundromats by asking other campers for recommendations. That is if the machines at the Resort or CG are not suitable for some reason. Also, we never had a problem finding decent laundromats when on the road.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #26

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
We do 3 to 4 weeks worth in one big machine!
To each his own, but there's no way we would want 3 to 4 weeks worth of dirty laundry sitting around in the MH.

And just to correct one of the many inaccuracies in your post, a typical load of clothes in a combo unit is about 2-3 day's worth of clothes, not one. We can and do wash queen size sheets and/or towels without any problems.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #27

Washer and Dryer or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
To each his own, but there's no way we would want 3 to 4 weeks worth of dirty laundry sitting around in the MH.

And just to correct one of the many inaccuracies in your post, a typical load of clothes in a combo unit is about 2-3 day's worth of clothes, not one. We can and do wash queen size sheets and/or towels without any problems.

1. We have room for a hamper.
2. You must have one of the really large ones.
3. A fun thread but actually moot topic anyways.
Happy Trails.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #28

Go for it.

« Gonna go FT | RV's »