Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #29

The 1600.00 is the installed by the manufacturer price. And based on everyone's responses and the fact I'll be the only one in the unit ( for now at least) i do like the idea of being able to throw in a load anytime of day or night. The Redwood 39FL already has more storage space than I can fill so no need for a closet where the washer and dryer will go in the bathroom. Thanks again to everyone for the insight.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #30

We have the vented Splindide washer/dryer. Love it! DON'T GET THE VENTLESS MODEL! Yes the washer load size is much smaller than our home stuff it till it won't take any more, but the convenience is well worth the lost storage. If we have a really big backlog of dirty clothes we can always resort to the CG laundromat. Like another poster, we haven't found most of the laundromats associated with camp grounds to be disgusting, but my issue is the time lost waiting around for the laundry to get done, time that could be better spent sightseeing, visiting, or whatever. Seems like when I settle down in a laundromat with a good book, the next person in wants to TALK! Not so terrible, but really let me read, or whatever! My vote is definitely to have one in your motor home!

Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #31

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
We have the vented Splindide washer/dryer. Love it! DON'T GET THE VENTLESS MODEL! !
I often see people stridently telling others not to get the unvented model combo. I wonder if the people making this statement have ever had an unvented unit.

Some people seem to think that the unvented model puts moisture into the RV; it doesn't; the condensed moisture goes down the drain. I can't think of any other reason why people would take such an impassioned position, especially if they don't own one.

We have an unvented Splendide model 7100. It works very well and I seriously doubt that most people would have any way of knowing whether or not it is vented.

All RV dryers operating on 120V dry fairly slowly compared to home units which operate on 240V. Anyone who tells you that their RV dryer is just as fast as their home dryer is either hallucinating or owns a >Million$$ RV which has been wired to accept a 240V dryer.

Unvented combos are sold by several companies throughout the world, especially in Europe and Asia, where they permit dryers to be installed in locations where venting isn't possible. I'm sure they wouldn't be very popular if they were as bad as some people here seem to think.

I personally don't have any stake in Splendide nor do I care whether anyone else buys a vented or unvented combo. But I hate to see people making posts which provide erroneous information to others.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #32

I agree Sandie. Our 5th wheel actually came with a non vented Splendide and once I figured out how to use it it was fine. I do live my stackable though. Not over loading the dryer means a pretty fast dry in my 110
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #33

We had the dealer install a combo in our new camper and never even asked the cost. It was without question after the last campground washers, we would not use.
KerrTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #34
JDT

We only spend about 3 months a year, total, in our fifth wheel but would not be without a washer/dryer. We have a Splendide combo, vented model. The problem some have with them is trying to compare them with the set they have at home. While the functions are the same they are totally different animals in size, capacity and drying time. Once my wife got past the comparisons she is very happy with ours. When we are hanging around the trailer for a while she will throw a load in and move on to whatever. With the combo she can do the washing and drying without touching it. Takes longer but so what. She does a load every few days when we are sitting still long enough which seems to be about right for keeping up with it. For clarification, I am allowed to cook but not allowed to do laundry.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #35

OK because we don't have water and sewer at my brothers garage I took a quick trip to the laundry. One medium large load and one big washer for a big load of 2 sets of sheets, towels and other whites cost me almost $16 just to wash. Yep I'll keep my units in my rig!!!
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #36

The stackable washer/dryer are great for socks, underwear, shorts, shortsleeve shirts, and other small items. For me it gets the thumbs up.

I like to use the quick wash double rinse 35 minute cycle. I can easily get a weeks worth of my lite clothing done in 2 hours while I do other things.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #37

I use mine for everything including sheets, jeans etc. mine does not like throw rugs. Otherwise I do everything in it. Amazing how much goes in
Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
When we were shopping for a toy hauler. An oven and a w/d were at the top of the list.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #39

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikD800 View Post
One of the options I'm considering ordering on my Redwood is a stackable washer and dryer…a 1600.00 option according to the local dealer. Thats a lot of laundry. Trying to decide if the convenience is worth that over the long run… Any insight would be welcome This is going to be my new home for years and I have the money…just seems very expensive.
You have to keep in mind that these washer/dryer stackables are special sizes to fit and work in a special situation. Also I believe if you looked into stackable washers and dryers for an apartment or home you would find them priced higher than standard units.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Washer and Dryer or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Clothes and folding: 75 minutes. Shopping: 60 minutes.
15 minutes every 3-4 weeks is the bottom line. Grease and hair and whatever, never.
Less than $600 over 3.5 years and never a repair nor an add to our electric bill.
YMMV.
I love these threads that have no solution for everyone, but have just as many opinions as there are belly buttons!
Happy Trails
I agree with CampDaven. 👍 But doesn't this beg the question of what kind of place you're staying at? Our experience has been that we've always found nice clean laundry facilities right in the RV Park. And if it's raining, I guess we might just have to wait an extra day; no biggie! We do have a washer/dryer but have never used it. Probably will never even try it, even with a pair of socks.

And are you guys runway models and need to change your clothes five times a day? We're pretty clean folk but after a week we usually only have one load's worth of dirty clothes. Oh, and BTW, we store the laundry bag in the washer, just like we store the dishes in the dishwasher. 😎

Of course, like others have stated: there's no real answer, just opinions. Keep 'em come'n cos they're interesting to read; but then, that's just my opinion! 😏
Old 06-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
We have the vented Splindide washer/dryer. Love it! DON'T GET THE VENTLESS MODEL! Yes the washer load size is much smaller than our home stuff it till it won't take any more, but the convenience is well worth the lost storage.
???? what are you talking about??? Maybe the new current model solves the problems you heard about in the past.
NEW Splendide 7100XC (WDC7100XC) washer-dryer

We have a new ventless combo in our unit and it is fantastic.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikD800 View Post
One of the options I'm considering ordering on my Redwood is a stackable washer and dryer…a 1600.00 option according to the local dealer. Thats a lot of laundry. Trying to decide if the convenience is worth that over the long run… Any insight would be welcome This is going to be my new home for years and I have the money…just seems very expensive.
If they have a w/d prep kit just get that. Buy your own w/d. That's if you need it.
We go to nice clean Laundromats, every 2 weeks. No more than $15. We full-time in case that helps.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gonna go FT | RV's »