Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #43

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
???? what are you talking about??? Maybe the new current model solves the problems you heard about in the past.
NEW Splendide 7100XC (WDC7100XC) washer-dryer

We have a new ventless combo in our unit and it is fantastic.
We actually had the older ventless model before it died and we decided it was better to replace rather than repair. Even the old one worked pretty well and the new one is great.

Most of the people online who authoritatively tell people not to get ventless combos have never used one. Much of the negativity results from the persistent, but wrong, statement that the ventless units put the moist dryer exhaust into the RV. As someone who owns one, you know this is entirely false, but this statement is resistant to facts.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #44

I'd love to know where to do several loads for $15. I just spent $16 just to wash 2 loads
My stackable front load Whirlpools cost 1300 from Lowe's in 2008. In 7 years @$15 a week is $5400. That a lot of fuel in my rig.
Choosing our motorhome meant having a closet that we could move our units into
Everyone needs to make their own decision
As I stated before our original rig had a ventless combo unit a and it worked just fine

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just spent the past eight months in our coach. Used the stackable's anytime needed. Heck we would do a load of wash and dry going down the road. Unload after hooking up, fold and relax. Positively, absolutely would not be w/o them. FWIW our first coach had the splendid ventless. Smaller loads but worked fine. $1600.00 installed is a fair price, heck the small apt. Size units at Lowes on sale are $1000.00!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #46

I'm going with with the w/d combo. Makes sense to me and my priorities have always been convenience and I like being able to wash anytime I feel like it without having to leave the rig. Being in a nice park with a decent laundry and having the combo in the Redwood gives me the best of both worlds. Never thought a simple question would turn into such a forum. But good to see all the responses. Everyone who weighed in here has some good points.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
I'd love to know where to do several loads for $15. I just spent $16 just to wash 2 loads
My stackable front load Whirlpools cost 1300 from Lowe's in 2008. In 7 years @$15 a week is $5400. That a lot of fuel in my rig.
Choosing our motorhome meant having a closet that we could move our units into
Everyone needs to make their own decision
As I stated before our original rig had a ventless combo unit a and it worked just fine
We just did it Tuesday, pearl road Medina Ohio. We do it all Winter in Tucson, Prince rd. 8 loads of laundry washed and dried, a little over an hour, $15.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #48

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We just did it Tuesday, pearl road Medina Ohio. We do it all Winter in Tucson, Prince rd. 8 loads of laundry washed and dried, a little over an hour, $15.
But you had to have 8 loads of dirty laundry sitting around to be washed. For us that's even more unpalatable than having to go to a laundromat.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #49

Don't leave home without it.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #50

Quote:
We generally do 2 loads (dark and light) .... about 5 - 7 days worth depending on daily activities and outside temp. Washers are about $2.50 each and a single medium dryer is about $2 .... total of $7 plus detergent.

We use quick-dry towels (they are different). We also use quick-dry shorts and shirts (with UV protection).
Old 06-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
But you had to have 8 loads of dirty laundry sitting around to be washed. For us that's even more unpalatable than having to go to a laundromat.
Unpalatable? Every full laundry bag goes in the basement, till we fill the last bag, then off to the laundromat. It all comes down to personal preference. We use the space for cleaning supplies vacuum and linen closet. We just find it more convenient to sit in a nice clean laundromat for 1.5 hours every three weeks or so, and not think about it until then next time.
Many on here love their W/D setup in their MH. I love our oven, wouldn't be without it. If we all liked the same thing, it wouldn't be any fun.😁
Old 06-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #52

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Unpalatable? Every full laundry bag goes in the basement, till we fill the last bag, then off to the laundromat. It all comes down to personal preference. We use the space for cleaning supplies vacuum and linen closet. We just find it more convenient to sit in a nice clean laundromat for 1.5 hours every three weeks or so, and not think about it until then next time.
Many on here love their W/D setup in their MH. I love our oven, wouldn't be without it. If we all liked the same thing, it wouldn't be any fun.😁
I can't quite believe you can get 8 loads washed and dried in 1.5 hours unless you completely hog all the washers and dryers. Very UN-neighborly to the people who might come in.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #53

I am glad that I have a small linen closet that all our linens fit into, a clothes closet big enough for the vacuum, sufficient storage under the kitchen sink for cleaning supplies, and I have never owned 3 weeks of clothes in my entire life. Our stackables are in a separate closet and without them, it would just be empty. Rarely have I ever found a nice laundry. Once we even found that someone had urinated in all the dryers. People seem to love or hate the idea of onboard machines. As you can tell, we love ours.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some people can't believe we do it for $15 either. This week we used 2 jumbo 4 load washers. 8 loads voila! You have to go to a laundromat to do it, not the campground one. Most Laundromats we use have 20-40 machines. If I walked into a laundromat with only 8 washers and dryers I'd walk right back out. Next thing someone will say is they don't believe we have only 8 loads to do every 2-3 weeks.
This is the reason for going to the laundromat. They have many big machines that can be loaded at the same time. They run 25-35 minutes and the dryers run about the same. I would find it very tedious to throw in a small load of wash every day or so.
When we owned our home we always bought the largest washer and dryer we could find, so we could do laundry once a week. Our laundry room was bigger than most RV bedrooms.
We like to remove the laundry and immediately hang it up. Less wrinkles, very little ironing.
I also feel many forget about the increased electrical cost on your metered electric. The cost of the appliance electric, the extra A/C use to cool and dehumidify your RV. The lint back-up, the possibility of connections leaking,(hoses and hand tightened connections, and leaky washers.) Moisture and humidity, 2 of the RVs biggest enemies.

Don't you just hate it when someone says they don't believe what you said is true?

What I can't figure out is why anyone would want to sit in their RV for for at least 2 hours for one load of clothing to be done. I'm sure no one wants to leave while some appliance using gallons of water is running in their RV. 8 loads x2 hours is 16 hours.
Wow! Now we are talking serious time suckage.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #55

We like ours, and opted for a stacked washer dryer in the new coach. The Splendide was OK, although a load was no more than a handful. We used the washer/dryer a few times on this last trip. Sure, we could have gone to the lovely and well maintained campground laundry (I'm not being facetious), but we were on vacation and I appreciated not having to sit about for a few hours for chores. We washed while we toured in the car. Then a week at the beach with the grandkids, the dryer was wonderful to fluff and dry the towels multiple times a day. It most certainly is not cost effective. There is no way to expense out $1,600 or more in quarters. But it as Liza Minnelli said in Cabaret "divine decadence darling".
Old 06-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #56

I'm not sitting around waiting in my rig. I do a load while fixing and eating dinner, while doing other household chores like cleaning, dishes that of course need to be done or in the evening while watching TV.
Of course as stated earlier I don't need to cart and tote anything in and out etc.
But to each his own
Oh and my whirlpool adjust how much water it uses to the size of load, does even the largest in less than 23 minutes and spins it so dry that even blue jeans are done in my dryer in about than 30
We don't stay where we need to use AC much and I have no more humidity from my dryer which is properly vented than in a house.

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gonna go FT | RV's »