here is my easy remedy
1. shut off the water heater gas and a/c
2. run the hot water faucet until the water temps drops to warm. ( good time to wash som edishes)
3. Shut off inlet water hose and water pump
4. open a hot water valve in kitchen to bleed off any pressure
5. remove water heater cover, slowly open the pressure relief trip valve, this ensures tow things, it gets excersized and it works.
6 remove the large plug anode and let her drain out.
asembly is reverese of removal.
. but eave a hot water valve open untilll you purge the air from teh tank, then turn the heater elements back on.
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides