Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #1

Is the water pressure at the sinks and shower bad on all models or am I doing something wrong?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #2

Is the water pressure at the sinks and shower bad on all models or am I doing something wrong?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #3

Don't know-what kind of problem are you having?My trailer has a pressure reducer on the intake so if I add a reducer outside I get low pressure.Are you doing this?
RichR
Old 01-10-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Before you condemn your pressure regulator, try pulling the screen/aerator at the outlet of the kitchen faucet and turning it on. It's not uncommon for these to get plugged with shards of the plastic piping, etc., especially on a new RV. An older RV may have an accumulation of rust, dirt or other debris that's built up over the years. There's every possibility you may just need to clean the faucet aerators and the shower head.

By the way, I see this is your first post. Welcome to iRV2.com! Check out the Texas Boomers using the link in my signature as well as the threads in the South Central region down toward the bottom of the main page here on iRV2. We'd love to have you join us at an upcoming Texas Boomers rally. Hey, we can even troubleshoot your water supply system while you're there!!

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #5

We have a 2004 Palomino 30ft 5th wheel. I have a pressure reducer where I hookup to the water supply, but when I disconnect, I get pressure like removed a charged line. Sounds like letting air out of a tire. Could my trailer have a build in pressure reducer? I have checked the screen/aerator on each faucet and the shower head. I found some small pieces of plastic, but removing them didn't help. Our water pressure is awful. I have a build in water filter for the system, could this be stopped up?

Thanks to all for helping.

Doug
Irving, Texas
Old 01-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ours is poor as well....did all of the above and still very low.....have heard it's because of the plastic pipe capacity....

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #7

Hi Folks,

Had the same problem with my trailer. Finally figured out that the brass "RV" regulator was slowing water down. Purchased a home regulator at Lowe's(Home Depot is cheaper but we didn't have one then). It has a 3/4" inlet and outlet, increased the flow into the trailer. Much Much better. Good luck

WGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #8

What type/brand of regulator did you buy at Lowe's? And what fittings did you have to use for connection? Thanks
Old 01-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #9

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Pr...Regulators.htm
Old 01-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #10

JimL,

I can't remember the name(I am doing the "W" thang tonite or I would go look), but I had to buy a pipe to hose connection(female) and a pipe to hose connection(male). Took about about 10 minutes to put it together.

WGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RichR:
Don't know-what kind of problem are you having?My trailer has a pressure reducer on the intake so if I add a reducer outside I get low pressure.Are you doing this?
RichR <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I need to check my trailer manuals and see if it has a build in pressure regulator.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:42 PM   #12

Don't confuse your water inlet check valve with what you may think is a built in pressure regulator. The check valve is normally located as an integral part of the female inlet hose connection. The check valve is necessary to prevent reverse flow when the water pump is turned on.
2002 Jayco Eagle 300FSS Travel Trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 w/Duramax, RDS 60 Gallon Toolbx/Tank Combo, Edge EZ, Boost Stick, Bilstein Shocks, Michelin 265 MS2, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost Gauges, ARE Topper, Honda EU3000
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #13

You might also check the screen inside the hose connection on the outside of your 5er. This can become plugged with minerals. Take it out and blow it out from the inside.

Tom
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #14

Some built in water filters are low micron size and or dual media. Have seen primary get just a little dirty and had next to no pressure. Cleaned the primary and pressure came back up.

Good filters can cause low pressure (as they should), clean and or replace may be the cure.