Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #15
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Your Lifestyle is all Pex with crimped connectors. The weak links are the connectors, valves in the wet bay and water heater. Check your water heater specs for the max pressure.
Water Heater T&P Relief Valve OPENS at 150 psi

Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
One consideration is that water expands when heated and it can't back flow into the shore water line or the RV fresh water tank due to check valves. So if the system has no leaks at 40-60 PSI and you have cold water in the water heater tank, and you fire up the water heater, it can easily rise well above 100 PSI and something somewhere will start to leak to bleed the pressure. Starting at 40 rather than 60 reduces the chances.

If you install an RV water expansion tank on the cold water side of the RV water system then when the water gets heated the pressure will only rise a few PSI.

So my two cents is install an expansion tank and then 60 PSI will be good, without an expansion tank 40 PSI.

Note that if you have a on-demand water heater then you don't have to worry about this.
Accumulator tank is a good tool to control pump cycling/run time.

Water heaters are designed with an 'air pocket' at top of tank to control pressure increases.
Loss of 'air pocket' will result in an increase in pressure and usually result in t&P Relief Valve weeping

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #16
I strongly suggest that you always use a water regulator, since various parks vary quite a bit through out the country on water pressure. I would also suggest you keep your pressure between 45-50 lbs. I feel it is better to be on the safe side, as long you have enough water flow for your needs. Buy yourself an adjustable water regulator. Protect your investment :-)

2015 Cougar 5'ver 28SGS
2009 Tundra 5.7
Camarill0. Ca
Thomas J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:41 AM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evergreen Owners Club
Thanks for all the info, I have a 50-55 psi regulator that I used in my coach. I will be hooking that up. I just wanted to make sure that what the rv tech was telling me was wrong. He said that he tells everyone to use only 40 psi regardless of the unit they buy which did not sound right.

Thanks again everyone

Cathy and Paula
2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL/Ford F350 DRW Lariat LWB
Blog: http://www.pclivinthedream2.blogspot.com/
Cathy&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote

water, water pressure