RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Water Pressure Woes - Where Else To Look

When tied to the city water our pressure has always been less than when using our fresh water tank/pump, but over the past month it has become increasingly worse. I have changed the water filter, removed every restrictor valve that I can find and replaced all washers that had screens with non-screen washers. Nothing has worked. The pressure is bad at all outlets, but the garden hose will knock you over....so not an issue with the city water.

Any suggestions on where else to look?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #2

Screened washer where hose connects...........
If clean then the internal 'check valve' has failed
Just a cheap plastic plunger/spring/O-ring assembly that can block/restrict flow when it gets cockeyed, comes dislodged etc.

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Screened washer where hose connects...........
If clean then the internal 'check valve' has failed
Just a cheap plastic plunger/spring/O-ring assembly that can block/restrict flow when it gets cockeyed, comes dislodged etc.
Had no idea there was a check valve.. Found several YouTube videos. Tomorrow's project..Thanks!
Old 11-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Had no idea there was a check valve.. Found several YouTube videos. Tomorrow's project..Thanks!

Check Valve is to prevent water backflowing out city water connection when using pump
Pump has an internal check valve to prevent backflow thru pump when using city water
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
A crappy regulator will restrict flow. Flow (gallons per minute) is actually your problem; lousy flow results in a lack of pressure when high flow is demanded. When no flow is demanded, I bet you have 50psi, which is pretty good. You are right to look for things that restrict flow, and a crappy regulator is what caused mine. Clogged filters = lousy flow. I got this lead free high flow regulator from Valterra and I love my shower again.
https://www.valterra.com/product/wat...d-free-carded/
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure