Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering1 View Post
Real simple: take your trailer to the nearest dump station, dump your holding tanks and fill up your water tank.
All set with breaking camp to do so. Think I'll go with one of the other options suggested...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #44

Water tank fill question

Taken. I have an Open Range with the same set up. You need to purchase about 4ft of hose that will fit your winterizing connection. Purchase the reinforced vinyl tubing. You will also need a 5 gallon water pail. You connect the hose to the winterizing valve and put the other end in the water pail. You then turn on your water pump. Make sure your pump doesn't run all the time. It should pressurize the system and then stop. You go back to the convenience center and open the winterizing valve and turn the fill tank valve to fill tank. The pump will suck the water out of your pail. This is the only way to fill the tank if you are not connected to commercial water. It is very inconvenient and uses a lot of your battery life if you are dry camping.

Lvtocmp
Remember
Your next exit is an exit to a new experience.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #45

Forest River Owners Club
Unfortunately, this won't work for me. If I use winterize the my tank will be bypassed. If I use tank fill, I can't suck from a 5 gallon can.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
Do you have a hose, for sucking the pink stuff into the system? If so, you could possibly add a diverter valve from it and run that to the fresh tank fill line.. Instead of sucking pink stuff into the system, you would be sucking clean water into the fresh tank...

Clear as mud??

EDIT: I think I just talked myself into doing this mod on my rig!
Both our Dutch Star motorhomes have come with this setup. Just need to set the correct valves and anything I want will be sucked into the system either direct into the fresh water system or into the 105 gallon fresh water tank.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Unfortunately, this won't work for me. If I use winterize the my tank will be bypassed. If I use tank fill, I can't suck from a 5 gallon can.
You will need to cut a tee and a valve on the discharge side of the pump that will go to the tank. When you open that valve the water will be diverted to the tank when the pump is on.

On my KZ all of the plumbing is accessible from the drivers side basement hatch. Next time I'm at my trailer I'll take a picture. I believe my trailer already has the capability to divert the flow from the winterizing suction hose to the tank with valves that are located in there.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Are you SURE that your hose is approved for drinking water purposes? Does it sit in the sun a lot?

I will only use the white hoses from Camping World. I have one but seldom use it only when I have very long distances to get my water. Actually, I never drink or cook with the water that comes into the coach. We always use the Glacier Machines or the Culligan Machines found at Drug Stores and Wal-Mart's and fill up our 3 gallon jugs that sit on top of our water dispenser in the coach. And we buy bottled water too.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Yes It is a hose that came from the camper store where we purchased our travel trailer. It has a blue stripe on it . The hose stays in the camper storage bin. I always drain it and connect the ends together to prevent drips on the floor. Storage area stays cleaner that way.(less mud). As for bottled water, We too drink purchased plastic bottled water and even use that in the coffee pot to make tea and what not.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
Yes It is a hose that came from the camper store where we purchased our travel trailer. It has a blue stripe on it . The hose stays in the camper storage bin. I always drain it and connect the ends together to prevent drips on the floor. Storage area stays cleaner that way.(less mud). As for bottled water, We too drink purchased plastic bottled water and even use that in the coffee pot to make tea and what not.
I would try a different drinking water hose to see if you still have the same vinyl taste on the water. One in particular is a cloth flat collapsible one that you can get from various vendors. it comes in 25 or 50 foot lengths.

Handi-Hose & Reel, 25'

http://www.activeforever.com/p-2214-...hose-reel.aspx

If so, I would be looking somewhere else in the trailer where they may have installed something that wasn't drinking water approved.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Tags
tank, water