Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
I priced a new 38' MS 2 years ago for 83,000 from Gilette Rv.
Glennwest $83,000 for a new 38' MS would be a buy of a lifetime...That had to be a desperate dealer and an absolute base MS with no options...I shopped all over this country and couldn't come close to the number...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRa View Post
Suiteowner --Would appreciate knowing what the truck is that you mention.

Thanks.
2009 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 cummins 68RFE auto 3.73 gear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram and DRV.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	101604  

Old 07-30-2015, 11:27 PM   #31

Nice looking rig!
SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiteowner View Post
2009 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 cummins 68RFE auto 3.73 gear
Thanks, class act outfit!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #33

Okay the best 5th wheel I ever seen...Two years ago my wife and I were camping at Beth Page camping resort in Va...A 40'or greater Continental Coach by Folks INC. pulled in the campground while we were there...All I can say is WOW that 5th wheel was absolutely gorgeous...It looked like a Marathon or a Newell motor coach without the engine...I have no dought it cost $250.000 or more...
Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #34

Evergreen Owners Club
That is made by Forks RV and is a premium custom made luxury 5th so yes most likely north of $250,000.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
1. Continental Coach, SpaceCraft, New Horizons - tied

2. DRV Mobile Suites, Augusta Luxe - tied

3. LifeStyle
I'm inclined to agree with tuffr2 in post #2. I think most folks will decided based upon a number of things such as the 'out the door price' vs features, construction, etc. It's all a 'trade off'. That's how we decided on our unit.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #36

I always value your opinions bamaman and sonny, but read the question...he's not asking what is most affordable, etc. he's asking your opinion of the best 5th wheelers regardless of what you own or can afford.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
I always value your opinions bamaman and sonny, but read the question...he's not asking what is most affordable, etc. he's asking your opinion of the best 5th wheelers regardless of what you own or can afford.

Hello again friends....Superdave is right. The "best" 5th wheelers is the question really.

I think that I may have steered us off course when I mentioned the $70,000-80,000 range. That is my error... Most of you don't know me but I believe in buying the best there is "used"....rather than what you can afford "new". They are all used very soon...

I failed to mention that early on, and was just guessing what a really nice 5th. wheel could bought for when I mentioned the $70-$80K range.

The upside to this is, in case a smoking hot deal comes along and happened not to be at the top of the list but "near," the information may be enough to consider something other that is "close" to the "very best".

While we have some bonus information other than what we were actually looking for... we did get a little off track.

It is beginning to look like I may have underestimated the cost of a used unit by $10-$15K...depending on several factors. That's Ok too...and part of what we are trying to determine.

So please continue the thread with what you think is the best on the market these days. We will be visiting our friends that are very close to buying one at the end of the month....it's just tooo hot to shop around around much here in Texas right now.

Unless of course, we get a hot lead on very nice "top tier" 5ver before then.

Thanks for all the help everyone...please don't stop.

All the best...
Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
That is made by Forks RV and is a premium custom made luxury 5th so yes most likely north of $250,000.
Dang! $250 K, and you still live in a trailer park.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmoeturhead View Post
Dang! $250 K, and you still live in a trailer park.
Don't have too. Boon dock anyone?
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #40

I am comming from a Carriage 5th wheel and have a SRW F350 . I really liked the DRV line but just couldnt handle the pin weight in the SRW; really wanted stay below 40' also. In everything I looked at the DRV and Lifestyle was my choice... The frame on the Lifestyle would probably be the deal maker for me if I had the dually. It is the same frame or very similiar as the Carriage line and nothing rode as well, We settled on a Cedar Creek 36CKTS...ordered new ...I was informed they now come standard with 17.5" wheels which is a big deal but seldom found on units less than 14K dry and never on midline units.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-n-Henri View Post
I am comming from a Carriage 5th wheel and have a SRW F350 . I really liked the DRV line but just couldnt handle the pin weight in the SRW; really wanted stay below 40' also. In everything I looked at the DRV and Lifestyle was my choice... The frame on the Lifestyle would probably be the deal maker for me if I had the dually. It is the same frame or very similiar as the Carriage line and nothing rode as well, We settled on a Cedar Creek 36CKTS...ordered new ...I was informed they now come standard with 17.5" wheels which is a big deal but seldom found on units less than 14K dry and never on midline units.
Thanks for the input Jim(or Henri..?)

Always good to hear from someone who has just done a lot of homework.

New models change so often, that similarities are sometimes easy to miss.

Hope your new fiver really does a fine job for you. Sound really nice...in fact I'm going to look it up and see what it looks like, right now.

Thanks again...and happy trails.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #42

Last week my DW and I attended a rally held by the Forest River Owners Group (F.R.O.G.) in Goshen IN. after attending this rally I will never purchase from any other manufacture than Forest River. Forest River commitment to their customers was outstanding. There was over 700+ trailers and motor homes at this rally and over 90% of them were service by Forest River for free. Some were even taken back to the factory to be repaired and repainted if required. Most of these unit were out of warranty and the work that was preformed and items that were replaced was truly amazing. Such as brakes, axles, suspension, exterior doors, awnings, TV’s, microwaves, furniture and refrigerators all of this work was done by either Forest River employees or the employees of their suppliers such as Dexter, Dometic, and Lippert.

I have a 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL bought new in May of this year. We had a few small quality issues that the dealer was able to resolve all but three of them; he was waiting on parts before they could be fixed the last three items. Will we went to the rally and these have been resolved by Forest River at this rally. I even got another spare AL wheel do to a slow leak in the original tire and wheel, Forest River replaced the leaking tire and wheel, leaving the original tire behind.

Here is a link to the Forest River Form that others have said about the worked that was performed on their units.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...done-89781.htm

Jim W.