Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #15
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
A pic of that setup would be nice.

I'm thinking (correct me if wrong please) that an inline switch either going to or from the break away switch is all that is needed. That would have a much lower amperage (simpler) requirement. I could tuck it away in the front storage area somewhere.

That will work too though the switch will still be in the 5-7 dollar range for a decent quality piece - and I subscribe to bigger is always better.

I'll try to get a photo later today (or soon anyhow) when I measure up for a protective bulkhead in the front compartment for that actuator.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
That will work too though the switch will still be in the 5-7 dollar range for a decent quality piece - and I subscribe to bigger is always better.

I'll try to get a photo later today (or soon anyhow) when I measure up for a protective bulkhead in the front compartment for that actuator.
As I think about it further, I am going to install it inline with the break away. This way if I forget to turn the switch on only the breakaway circut is de-activated and not the circut from the truck controler.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #17
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
As I think about it further, I am going to install it inline with the break away. This way if I forget to turn the switch on only the breakaway circut is de-activated and not the circut from the truck controler.
You may be right since I'm shutting down everything on the brake system when all I need to do is isolate the breakaway. Not going to take me more then a few minutes and a couple terminals to change my direction. Glad we had this 'conversation'.

OK what else today -
- waxed the repainted nose as well as the painted door with Meguire's NXT

As far as washing the 5er, I used Meguire's wash and wax and am completely amazed as to how good it looks now. Not anywhere near the same as waxing it but time for RV puttering has about come to an end as it goes to a Lake Champlain CG through mid-August when we load up for our yearly 8K trip. I'll get to the wax project some time next month though.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
You may be right since I'm shutting down everything on the brake system when all I need to do is isolate the breakaway. Not going to take me more then a few minutes and a couple terminals to change my direction. Glad we had this 'conversation'.

OK what else today -
- waxed the repainted nose as well as the painted door with Meguire's NXT

As far as washing the 5er, I used Meguire's wash and wax and am completely amazed as to how good it looks now. Not anywhere near the same as waxing it but time for RV puttering has about come to an end as it goes to a Lake Champlain CG through mid-August when we load up for our yearly 8K trip. I'll get to the wax project some time next month though.
I also use Meguire's wash and wax. Love it! I discovered a product and applied it to my truck yesterday... F11 Top Coat. Wow was it easy to apply and the finish is amazing. It is supposed to last 3-6 month and nothing sticks to it (thinking bugs on the front cap). They are supposed to wash off with little effort. The product is a little pricy but given the reduced labor to apply it might be worth a look. I am going to apply to the 5er.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #19

Off camping for 7 nights! In the forest for 4 nights and 3 night at a local music festival.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #20

Finished waxing the girl with McGuires Cleaner & Wax #50 today, and now installing "Texas A&M" LED Puddle Lights under Curbside and Pin Box.
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:29 AM   #21

New Horizons Owners Club
Waiting on it to Arrive
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:43 AM   #22
IC2

We hauled it up to its summer's home CG along Lake Champlain and spent a couple nights there. I found out that the new disc brakes really work while trying settings on the Ford integrated controller. By the blue smoke cloud and black tire marks behind me, 8 is too high and 5 too low so settled on 6.5. Also, the wallow bounce and rebound going over a bridge is gone with the new 6 leaf, 6K springs I installed. I'm ready to haul it on our long late summer trip now.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #23

Installed easy start A/C capasitor today
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #24

After breaking camp stopped by my dealer gave me a spare water pump. The check valve might be bad on ours as it runs every 20 minutes or so. At new field Campground for barn dance weekend. 4 low was required as it is soft and wet.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #25

Weighed every item in the basement storage compartment.
roadtrip42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #26

We did that as well I know we have 1100 lbs on board with exception of water. Lots of payload left.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #27

I got my HDTV installed today and got the swivel mount done too. Took a while for me to do this because as we all know, things that are typically sold for houses we have to modify because RV's have little framwork to secure things. So i had to build my own frame to mount the swivel to.

Also got in my wireless radio and ill get that installed tomorrow.

iLive Under-Cabinet FM Tuner Silver IKB333S - Best Buy

Also got a bunch of throw rugs at ross which was a great deal.

Replaced shower faucet with nice wand type.

Tiled the second bench seat since i will be using is as part of my computer desk setup.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #28

Removed all "decorative" decals from the painted exterior. Polished & sealed.
Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote