Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #1

What is best Stackable Washer/ Vented Dryer?

We are first timers/newbies regarding rv-ing. In July, we bought a 2015 Heartland Gateway 3200RS 5th wheel. It has washer/dryer hookups in bedroom closet area although we do not see a dryer vent to outside. Need suggestions on what is best brand to buy regarding a stackable washer/ vented dryer. Also need advice on how/where to cut opening to make a vent for dryer? Does anyone know if cutting a vent for a dryer voids a warranty for new 5th wheel? Does it have to be installed by a dealer or can anyone or any rv business install a stackable washer/vented dryer? The measurements in washer/dryer area are 24" wide x 24" deep. There is a shelf there now which assume must be removed. Thanks
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #2

We have had two and on our third stack-able in RV's. First was a Sears apartment sized, worked great and lasted many years. Second and third were both Ariston . Newest one is: washer WASARWXF 129 W, dryer TVM63X. Both Ariston's are, and were very excellent machines. Plus, made in Canada! With all three units, you can wash and dry 13# of clothes, not as much as full size home W/D, but far more than many RV models and definitely more than a combo unit. As far as vent, I put the vent in, easy if mechanically minded. Just make sure you center pilot drill a hole, then drill a larger hole until you get what you need, to make sure you do not need to move 1/2" or so, and to make sure you don't run into something you don't want too! I believe I use a jig saw to finish the opening I made, through the side wall. Looks and works great. We've been to the factory service center several times for things, and they never said anything about voiding the warranty. Since if is "after market", you can have anyone install it, RV dealer, appliance dealer, handyman or whoever! It is yours to change!!

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

Make sure you have enough height for whatever you buy. Many apartment units are too tall. Pinnacle makes a very nice stackable that is only 60" high.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1poles View Post
We have had two and on our third stack-able in RV's. First was a Sears apartment sized, worked great and lasted many years. Second and third were both Ariston . Newest one is: washer WASARWXF 129 W, dryer TVM63X. Both Ariston's are, and were very excellent machines. Plus, made in Canada! With all three units, you can wash and dry 13# of clothes, not as much as full size home W/D, but far more than many RV models and definitely more than a combo unit. As far as vent, I put the vent in, easy if mechanically minded. Just make sure you center pilot drill a hole, then drill a larger hole until you get what you need, to make sure you do not need to move 1/2" or so, and to make sure you don't run into something you don't want too! I believe I use a jig saw to finish the opening I made, through the side wall. Looks and works great. We've been to the factory service center several times for things, and they never said anything about voiding the warranty. Since if is "after market", you can have anyone install it, RV dealer, appliance dealer, handyman or whoever! It is yours to change!!

Mike
Thanks for info. We bought a splendide Ariston (both washer/dryer) made in Canada. We ran the cycle for the washer and it doesn't seem like much water gets into washer. How much water do you see in your washer...is it 1/4 or 1/2 way full? I am used to the old top loading washing machines that I have in my house so I am not familiar with side loaded washers. especially small washers like you use in a RV. Thanks
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #5

Front loading washers are very water efficient. They also have one problem though. They tend to keep a little water in the gaskets around the door and will mold and smell. Home version and RV version do the same thing. You can buy products that help eliminate that. Also use HE (high efficiency) detergent, not the regular stuff. You need way less detergent with these washers.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think they all weigh the clothes, then add apropriate amount of water. Dont think you'll ever see water half way up the door.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #7

Looked today and ours is not "full" of water. Seems about 1/2 or so is "full", when I looked at it. Guess we really never noticed whether it was full or not. It washes great and that's what we were concerned about, LOL.

Mike
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent