Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #29

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Judging our fellow man because of the way he looks in today's economy is criminal.
I hope I never see people being turned away because I'm sure I would go ballistic.
I wonder if it would be allowed to start a thread about RV parks that discriminate about age of vehicles.
With the ageing population what would happen if people became a part of this equation?
Don't for one minute think that this could not happen?
I agree with the OP. After all we work our whole lives to enjoy retirement
I am steaming about this!
RV sites should base their guests on conduct not appearance.
They can lay out rules of conduct that we have to abide buy or be evicted, we all can live by basic rules as they help everybody.
Man I'm still steamed about this.
Sorry for the rant!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its no different than 55 and older parks if u dont agree dont go there i dont let it bother me in my 21 year old rexhall. Its their park their rules
rollingslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #31

Texas Boomers Club
I have some friends that own a couple of RV parks with this rule in place. They said that it is for their protection, with people coming in with "less than desirable" RV's. They are various types of workers who come in on a monthly stay, then get behind on their rent. After a couple of months of avoiding rent payment, they skip, leaving their old "beater" trailer behind and it becomes the park's problem to have the derelict removed. It is time consuming and expensive to get it done, so it is easier to weed out the undesirables up front.

I never saw them actually turn anyone away but the rule was there.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
Judging our fellow man because of the way he looks in today's economy is criminal.
I hope I never see people being turned away because I'm sure I would go ballistic.
I wonder if it would be allowed to start a thread about RV parks that discriminate about age of vehicles.
With the ageing population what would happen if people became a part of this equation?
Don't for one minute think that this could not happen?
I agree with the OP. After all we work our whole lives to enjoy retirement
I am steaming about this!
RV sites should base their guests on conduct not appearance.
They can lay out rules of conduct that we have to abide buy or be evicted, we all can live by basic rules as they help everybody.
Man I'm still steamed about this.
Sorry for the rant!
If you owned the park you'd be steamed too when the above happens ! Until you've seen the seedier side of life,( I have via my cop family) and the rules imposed on park owners who cant evict "problems "Drugs !) You cant wait for the problem to happen because by then its too late !
You'd be creative in finding ways to weed out the problems beforehand. If they didn't You'd also be down at the park office pitcin a fit. As i said in a prior post, there are snob parks but they are few and far between and mostly cost a hundred bucks a night. They dont fit. just dont go.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:10 PM   #33

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
If you owned the park you'd be steamed too when the above happens ! Until you've seen the seedier side of life,( I have via my cop family) and the rules imposed on park owners who cant evict "problems "Drugs !) You cant wait for the problem to happen because by then its too late !
You'd be creative in finding ways to weed out the problems beforehand. If they didn't You'd also be down at the park office pitcin a fit. As i said in a prior post, there are snob parks but they are few and far between and mostly cost a hundred bucks a night. They dont fit. just dont go.

I have seen it all! And a family relation runs a major Park in the Canadian Rocky's. The way they do it. They control the derelicts with an interview. Most time it is through conversation and the guest doesn't even know it's happening. Before they are registered they are turned away for a lot of reasons. Nobody gets turned away because of Vehicle age.
Say hello to your cop family for me. Never met one I didn't like.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #34
IC2

I guess that I must be in the minority as I've never seen the '10 year rule' here in the North East - though there are a couple parks that we've been too could use one to rid themselves of clunkers and trashy sites.

The 55+ parks upset me even more and the main reason I sold a site in Florida even though I was over that age. My kids couldn't take the GC without hassle more then just for an overnight stay. It wasn't worth the HOA's grief even though I was grandfathered by date of ownership and purchase contract.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #35

I'm not sure what goes on over on the east island but I'm just looking for the ways around some of these control rules. Although, fairly laxed ya'll need to go to some of these RV sites and check out the rules a application forms. It's more common then you think.

The other rule that bothers me is the 6 month rule. I'm in a place right now that has the 6 month rule but there is a guy and his wife here who has been here since 1980. Grandfathered in, I suppose. But other then the known age of his trailer his site looks good. [Mod Edit].

I'm a boater too, and the marinas and anchorages have come up with restrictive rules all around the country to keep out the derelicts. Understandabley, but for the people who take care of their vessels/vehicles there should be available considerations, whether documented or not.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #36

I'd give them a newer model year if it looks good. I highly doubt anyone working would check it and wouldn't know the difference anyways.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bennett View Post
Better yet, don't go to any of them.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #38
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
All it takes is a "Mrs. Kravitz" in the crowd to stir the pot in the neighborhood!

Some do-gooder will recognize the age and start raising hell. Always one of those no matter where you go unfortunately.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #39

I never had to give the year of our truck or trailer before.
I asked I will just refuse and go elsewhere.
We plan on keeping our stuff for 15 years. Truck is 10 and trailer is already 7 years old
Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #40

Boy, this is our first 5th wheel a 1994 Gulf Stream Tourmaster 32'. We are 3rd owners and the interior still looks almost new. Original price in 94 was $41,000.00. We got it 4 years ago for $5,000.00. We aren't retired yet and it might be awhile before we do/can. So to purchase a newer unit for untold thousands and only use it 4 weeks a year until we retire and then have an older model that could be refused at a campground is crazy

If I get desperate, I'll remove the decals and have a buddy repaint my 5th wheel and it will look new.

Only comment I've had is, when the owner of the camping resort we stayed at in October was dumping our tanks, he asked what year it was and when I said 1994 he said "Oh, it's getting long in the tooth eh?"
Rolfsted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs