Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #1

What to do with older RV's

I have a 2006 DRV and its getting close to its 10 year mark. It seems some RV parks refuse to take RVs over 10 to 15 years old. Mine is in excellent shape and was actually in storage for half of its life. So, what's the deal with RV parks restrictions. And is there anyway to get a release or inspection form that will allow older RVs into parks.

I can understand not wanting derelicts. But what's a retired person to do? Just can't afford go out a buy a new RV on a whim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	112861  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #2

My daughter has a 2005 country coach that's in excellent condition and she's sent pictures of the c coach to the parks and had no problems getting reservations.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Parks with the 10 year rule are very few. Use SEARCH on this forum and 10-year limit to see lots of discussion about the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
I have a 2006 DRV and its getting close to its 10 year mark. It seems some RV parks refuse to take RVs over 10 to 15 years old. Mine is in excellent shape and was actually in storage for half of its life. So, what's the deal with RV parks restrictions. And is there anyway to get a release or inspection form that will allow older RVs into parks.

I can understand not wanting derelicts. But what's a retired person to do? Just can't afford go out a buy a new RV on a whim.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #4

Just send them a picture
Old 11-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Better yet, don't go to any of them.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #6

Quote:

That is one heck of a nice looking package right there. A ten YO rule is nuts IMHO. Any campground which is that Hoidy Toidy wouldn't get my business. That is for darned sure.
What about the fellow who poured thousands into restoring an Airstream from the 60's. Are they going to refuse him?
How about you grow a beard and shave one side off then forget to put your upper plate in? Geeeesh! Some rules are ridiculous!
Find another campground but by all means let us know who enforces the ten YO rule.
Having fun in my thirteen YO Motorhome,
Lynn
Old 11-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:

Your unit looks great. I think you should have no problem getting in any of the parks. How do they even know the year of it any way. Just have fun traveling and maybe give it a newer "Birthday" date...
Old 11-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #8

Send a picture, my old rig was 13 years and had no problems, they just trying to keep junk out of your eyesight. I respect the "rule" and if your rig is well maintained you should have no issues.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Send a current photo most will exempt .. Miss remember the year as perhaps more current ? Oops
Most age restrictions are on monthly rental as in many states monthly renters can't be evicted without a 3-4 month process. Bro in law was a cop and meth heads would get a crumby old Rv move and work the system ... ( not pay a dime for months ) while dealing and turning the park into drive through. Some parks are just snooty high end .. They are few and far between others just don't want the aforementioned problems.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

I have a friend who has been driving the same 7 year old coach for 15 years. Only an expert has a chance of knowing what year a coach or RV is with a cursory look. They do not change noticeably from year to year. If it looks new, you are good! Never been turned away.
grashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #11

What about the family who really doesn't have a lot to spend on a fancy RV? Are they to be turned away from enjoying a weekend outing? They might have some disappointed children to explain to why they were turned away. Is this a form of age discrimination?
Would you truly feel degraded if the faded 1980 travel trailer pulled in next to your site? There just may be some really nice people in that trailer.
The whole concept is Bull**** IMO. I don't see how anyone can defend a stupid policy like this.
Lynn
Old 11-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If it looks good, just tell a white lie and say its 9 years old. Its not like they are going to ask you to present your registration papers to check in. Only reason they would ask would be if it looked awful and they were looking for a reason to refuse to let you check in.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grashley View Post
I have a friend who has been driving the same 7 year old coach for 15 years. Only an expert has a chance of knowing what year a coach or RV is with a cursory look. They do not change noticeably from year to year. If it looks new, you are good! Never been turned away.

I think You mean a 15 Year Old Coach for 7 Years! It's Ok I think that I'm only 59 even though I'm closer to 70!
Old 11-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grashley View Post
I think grashley meant just what he said here. He just calls his 15 year old RV 7 years old, and he stickin' to it...

Tags
rvs