Things that are important to some are not to others. I can tell you what we looked for 11 years ago.
1. Rear living area with large rear windows.
2. Comfortable rocker-recliners in front of that rear window.
3. Entertainment center with TV angled for perfect viewing from the rocker-recliners. That's easier to find now that we have flat-screen TV's that can be put on a full-motion wall mount.
4. Electric fireplace for atmosphere and for auxiliary heat to save on propane.
5. Somewhere between 32 & 36 foot rig for ample "wiggle room".
6. Electric rear stabilizers
7. Dining table with chairs instead of the booth arrangement.
8. High ceiling in bedroom so there is no bending over.
9. Adaquate area around bed so it's easy to make it up.
10. Shock-absorbing hitch (we got the TrailAir)
11. Gel-Coat finish on ALL fiberglass.
12. Door between bedroom and bathroom
13. Toilet in room separate from shower and dressing area
14. Ceiling vent fan in bathroom in front of vanity.
15. Digital thermostat (we added this ourselves)
16. Two air conditioners if you plan to camp in hot climates. If you don't get two with purchase, be sure it is "prepped" for the 2nd one.
17. Black tank "flusher". I would NEVER buy one without this!
That's what was important to us. Good luck on your selection!