Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
First fiver was a 2005 Laredo 29RK, which was ok until the frame broke above the pinbox. $8000 repair paid for by extended warranty. Used a Reese 15k hitch.

Current unit is a Pinnacle 36RETS, using a Curt Q20 hitch. Pinnacle has never been back to dealer in almost two years, and about 15,000 miles. A few minor issues which I took care of. Very happy with the Pinnacle and the Curt hitch.

David and Denise
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 36RETS, GMC 3500HD D/A dually
Full time since May 2011
huronwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Forgot to say that the only hitch I ever used was a Reese. The first one was a 15K and the last one was a 20K. Never had any trouble with them.

Jerry and Janell & Westie dog Gus (Augustus McCrae)
Navy by record Marine by choice
2005 Bounder 38N DP 300 CAT 2014 Jeep Wrangler
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #31
First 5ver was a sunrise 27' low profile. Reese 15k hitch. No problems. Next 28' wildwood no problems. Next Challenger 32' 3 slide. Had for 7 yrs. Great unit. Now 36' Cardinal, 3 slide partial paint. Reese 20k elite hitch. Best Cardinal. Had so many problems with it most people would be upset, even irate. I know this unit inside and out and parts were under warrenty. It's heavy, tows like a dream, nice and tight. The elite hitch is good because of single easy to see locking mechanism. Happy Camping. Dave.
WOODWORKER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #32
We started out with a 97 TT Nomad just see if my husband and boys liked camping, kept it 14 months traded up to a 35ft keystone hornet. kept it 18 months traded it for our 06 Grand Juction 39.8ft have a Reese 4 way pivot 16000lbs. We haven't camped in it just yet. We have be doing a few things getting ready for a week at the beach in June.. My husband pulled it home from the dealer and was pleased at how it pulled. We tow with a F-450 7.3 drw. He says this is the last rv we are getting.
Abbie and Pam
2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction
2000 Ford F 450 dually, screw 7.3 diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #33
Just bought a 2000 Wanderer 22 foot 5er. We love it for what we want to do, boondocking. We towed it for its maden voyage about 400 miles from home and loved how easy it towed. I have the RBW Lil' rocker 16k hitch.
Kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
We have owned a Carriage Cameo 2008 which we purchased new. It came with a Reese 16k slider which we replaced with a 20k last year after the first one failed. The rig is very nice with an excellent floor plan. However, we have endured our share of problems - 3 slide room failures, hot water heater failure, converter failure, fan failures, awning failure, blowouts of original China bomb tires and leaky air conditioner. Fortunately, we were able to cover most of these repairs under warranty prior to Carriage going out of business. I am a firm believer that our rig does much better when it stays in one place and does not have to travel as much.
Alto papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
Originally Posted by Alto papa View Post
I am a firm believer that our rig does much better when it stays in one place and does not have to travel as much.
I stayed in one place for many years when we had our S&B House, now we are fulltiming in our RV and seeing the USA.

Guess that was the point of getting the RV, so we could be on the move and not just sit in one place.

Robert & Bale the Wonder Dog
2014 Redwood 38FL
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote