Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Did you click on the trailerpart.com tab on their main page? HERE is the listing of 16" wheel and tire assemblies I found. If you're just looking for the wheels (G-rated), I'd give them a call. The 17.5" wheels are my next move if I have any more problems with the Goodyear G614 RST tires on our 5th wheel.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #16
Send a message via ICQ to Steve Rankin
Thanks Rusty, I missed that link. Unfortunately, Southwest doesn't have what I'm looking for their either. Our Arctic Fox came with ST225/80-16 Load Range E 'Trail America' tires on 6-bolt 16x6 aluminum wheels. My goal is to replace the tires with BF Goodrich LT265/75R16 T/A KO Load Range E tires identical to the tires on the Chevy. The 265 LT's have the same load carrying capacity as the ST's while being more resistant to damage especially when off-road, easier to find as well as being interchangeable with the TV tires. But the OE 6" wide wheels aren't wide enough for the 265's, and 245 LT's don't have the carrying capacity, so the easiest solution is a 16x7 6-bolt wheel. But, the 6-bolt wheels are only rated for 3100-3200# so that's leading me to 8-bolt wheels. If I'm going to upgrade to 8-bolt wheels, I'll might was well install new axles with disc brakes at the same time. We upgraded a Holiday Rambler to Mor/RYDE & disc brakes and it sure was nice. As usual, that bumps the price of the project up enough to get DW's attention.

Steve & C. J.
2009 Arctic Fox 29V PullRite 20K hitch
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison
Steve Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #17
Location: Fulltimers from Eugene, Or - Now Somewhere on the Road-Currently Rio Grande Valley
Tredit replaced faulty wheels... Delivered UPS.. had a mobil tire service come to RV park.. installed and all complete..
Back on the road and all okay. All settled in Rio Grande Valley for the winter.
2005 Alpenlite Villa Seville

2007 Duramax-Allison Tranny
Alpenliteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #18
How about more details on converting to disk brakes. Have the 8 lug wheels already
however, this baby dosn't like slowing down going down the mountain grades in the rockies.
guerro58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #19
guerro58...previous entries were 11 months ago on this thread.
How about some details on your truck/trailer? I have a very heavy fiver with electric brakes and it stops in the Colo/Wy mountains just fine. Maybe you can do something effective that won't be as expensive as changing to discs?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #20
[/quote]guerro58 -- this baby dosn't like slowing down going down the mountain grades in the rockies.[/QUOTE]
This is somewhat hijacking the thread, but I have a suggestion. When time allows, crawl under your trailer and change out the wire taps for quality crimp-on wire connectors. Wire taps are cheap, which is why trailer mfgrs. use them. They have a very thin contact area where the U shaped metal tap contacts the wire. This corrodes easily causing loss of amperage to magnets.
A quick test to see if each magnet is working- hold a compass next to each hub while a helper activates the brakes. If the compass does not swing wildly or point to the wheel, that magnet is probably not working. If you have a DC ammeter, each magnet should draw 3A.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote