Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Where to work on RV

So my storage facility doesn't allow people to do maintenance or work on their RV's on premise. My issue is that I live in a town-home and don't have access to any place that has enough space for me to bring the 5th wheel to.

I have a new SlideMaster that I need to install so there will be a bit of drilling work involved, will be messy and a bit noisy, so I don't really want to go to a camp ground or RV park and ruin someone elses day. So I am looking for places that you think I could go and do this installation, Home Depot, Lowes, Wally World, etc. Worst case there is some BLM land a few miles out of town and I just may pack up the tools and to there.
DamnYuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

I would think Lowe's or Home Depot is a great idea.. I would let the managment know and then if you needed anything your right there to purchase it.. Otherwise maybe a Walmart. but I would notify managment there also.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #3

Act like you are out of town and need a place for an emergency fix. I have seen some RV's day camp on the outskirts of Walmart.
Larry Mac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I will contact my local Lowes and Home Depot and see if they will let me work off on a side one day next week. I too liked the idea of if I needed something else I would be right there and it seems I always need something else!
Old 06-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYuppie View Post
I will contact my local Lowes and Home Depot and see if they will let me work off on a side one day next week. I too liked the idea of if I needed something else I would be right there and it seems I always need something else!
Let us know how that works out with HD or Lowes. Would be nice to know for someone that is out of town or doesn't have the place to work on there RV
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #6

I'd bet money that Lowes and HD won't let this happen.... I'd look for an empty lot of some kind...
jelag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
You might want to talk with a truck shop or auto shop that has room, I used to own a shop and would sometimes let someone work on a vehicle in my yard.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
School's out soon, they have parking lots. Just a thought.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Do you belong to any organizations like VFW, Eagles, etc.. with decent size parking lot?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So I called the Lowes in Boise off of Eagle road and they said they had no problem with that as long as I was gone before they close. They asked to pick an out of the way corner if at all possible.