Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE=jimcumminsw;3214440]Stay away from any THOR own product such as Keystone. There is no manufacturing support at all, you can not even contact them. Go to the Forest River site and look up the contact page, you will see address and the contact page for each subdivision of Forest River. For each product that they build, such as Forest River, Palomino, Dynamax, Coachman, and so forth.

You are wrong about Thor. They let each brand operate as a stand-alone company, so if you have a problem, simply contact the company, not Thor. We have outstanding service from Heartland, as do other Thor brands.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
I'm a researchaholic when it comes to spending that kind of dough. Spent four years off and on trying to find the right one for me. I just ordered my 5th wheel but it wasn't either you mentioned. Look at what materials the units you are considering are built with. Start with the RV Buyers Guide at camping World or any sizable bookstore. You might listen to the guy who warned to stay away from a particular company. They make a lot of product but I've even had sales people tell me on the side they wouldn't recommend them.

What did you purchase?

Regan & Raegan Nielsen
Magna Utah

2005 F150 Supercrew

1995 Terry 25G 5er

Old 08-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #17

[QUOTE=JayC;3215097]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
Stay away from any THOR own product such as Keystone. There is no manufacturing support at all, you can not even contact them. Go to the Forest River site and look up the contact page, you will see address and the contact page for each subdivision of Forest River. For each product that they build, such as Forest River, Palomino, Dynamax, Coachman, and so forth.

You are wrong about Thor. They let each brand operate as a stand-alone company, so if you have a problem, simply contact the company, not Thor. We have outstanding service from Heartland, as do other Thor brands.
I didn't from Keystone never returned any of my calls and I left plenty of messages.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #18

I spent my first 9 month of ownership of my 2012 landmark Rushmore in a service bay at Lazydays Rv. With that being said, I concluded that it really does not matter what brand you buy. They all have the same amount of warranty issues. Provost to pop up campers. The Rv industry has no real concern with building quality, it all about quantity. I can say my 07 cedar Creek had no big issue's Forest Rivers Cedar Creek division was excellent. And Heartland Landmark division fixed everything and never did I have to fight to get anything fixed.. So I say buy as nice of a rig that you can afford, get the extended warranty and understand you're never going to be able to recoup your money. So do it right the first time. They all have issues.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #19

Thanks, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on this matter. There are a lot of different opinions out there. I just have to make the choice that works best for me and mine.

Regan & Raegan Nielsen
Magna Utah

2005 F150 Supercrew

1995 Terry 25G 5er
Old 08-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #20

Regan - i put a deposit on a Weekend Warrior 4250w. It has not been built yet. Should be ready to pick up mid November. You can take a virtual tour on YouTube. Their website has a build your own feature so you can get the options you want and see what the cost will be.

Yesterday, I started a thread "my 5th wheel purchase (so far)".
Old 08-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #21

If you would consider a little older, you can get a far better built unit ,aka DRV, new horizons or the like, for around your budget or less and then have a quality built unit that has already been taken care of by the previous owner.

Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote