Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #1

Why no mention of Teton?

I have been reading quite a few of the threads here over the last few weeks covering numerous subjects. I do not recall ever seeing Teton being mentioned in any list of quality 5ers. I would appreciate being enlightened as to why. Thanks.
KnightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Teton quit building 5th wheels years ago. They were certainly a well-built 5th wheel, although quite heavy.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Teton quit building 5th wheels years ago. They were certainly a well-built 5th wheel, although quite heavy.

Rusty
That is what I gathered from the NADA book too Rusty, but this site leads me to believe otherwise.

Teton Homes
Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Dunno - I guess you could call 'em and see if they're taking orders again. I haven't seen anything about them being back in the RV business, but perhaps they are.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #5

Looks like it's bidness as usual to me:

Teton Homes
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Community Administrator

I couldn't stand the suspense. I called the # and its been disconnected.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Dunno - I guess you could call 'em and see if they're taking orders again. I haven't seen anything about them being back in the RV business, but perhaps they are.

Rusty
I was just about to edit my response with "Of course, I haven't tried to contact them yet" when your message came up. I'll post if I get any response from them.

One of the reasons I asked is because my cousin owns one and he always buys top shelf.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #8

To expand on my original question, many posters recommend first timers buy a quality used 5er. Some of the other manufacturers I've seen are also out of business. Since we intend to use the above advice, why hasn't Teton been recommended as a choice?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
their website has not been updated since 2010
its so bad they went by the wayside
everyone i ever looked at were over the top wonderful, but heavy
the site also on a site hosting service
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #10

Knightswatch, I owned and lived in a 1988 Teton, 40' triple axle. Excellent, quality using the finest of components and craftsmanship. It was very heavy weighing in at almost 2500 lbs. more than the advertised weight. Pulled it with an '88 Centurian built on a Ford E350 chassis with a 460 motor. Best mileage ever was 7 with an average of a tad over five.
I did have it loaded up with a lot of options, i.e. Zipdees all around, Onan generator and wood flooring as well as double insulation, heated floors well, you name it. I never complained about the weight because they built what I ordered. Must confess though that I never expected the 16,000 that it turned out to weigh.

Looking back at the original paperwork, I paid $85,900 for both units. A lot of money then, but I lived in it, traveled with my job for almost 5 years and I figure it didn't cost me a time after I sold them for $40,000 in 1992.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #11

Knightswatch I fully agree, however the other day I did post on "What is the most sensible way to get into full-time RVing?" as they were wanting to spend 100k and I said "If I had a 100k to spend I would buy a new truck, cost you around 50k and a late model around 2005-08 Teton, you shop it good you can pick one up for around 30-40k."
life2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #12

KnightsWatch, try rvhunter.com they have all brand named FW trailers on sale across the USA or rvtrader.com. They might have what you are looking for.
Scott
Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty14 View Post
KnightsWatch, try rvhunter.com they have all brand named FW trailers on sale across the USA or rvtrader.com. They might have what you are looking for.
Scott
We have been using both sites and several others as well as CraigsList, thanks. Originally we were thinking new Heartland and used truck. We have decided to go the new truck used higher end route, concentrating on Excel and Teton. Excel has a distinct advantage in that they are still in business. We are at a distinct disadvantage in that we live in Alaska and can't just drive a couple hundred miles to go inspect a used unit.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #14

Given where you live and that your buying used I wouldn't say who's still in business is a huge deal. I was just at the Teton rally today a few are getting ready to sell there's and buy a Forks RV. I know there's people here that like Excel but I don't think there any where close. Teton is one heck of a trailer.
life2short is offline   Reply With Quote