Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
We have decided on a 2005 Wildcat 31QBH. Does anyone have actual weights on this particular trailer. I know it is within my trucks weight limits, but am curious how close I will be.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 AM   #2

We have decided on a 2005 Wildcat 31QBH. Does anyone have actual weights on this particular trailer. I know it is within my trucks weight limits, but am curious how close I will be.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #3

i'll check my sticker and post tomarrow. its a lil cold outside now. i recall around a 8500# off top of my head.
03' GMC SIERRA 2500HD,BLACK, 8.1L BIG BLOCK, 4:10.
The BigPunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:07 AM   #4

Thanks, that will be great! How do you like the trailer? Have you had any issues with it? I am very familiar with Forest River and am very pleased with their products and their customer service. This floorplan is exactly what we need for our family. I am getting really impatient to go out and buy, and the dealer told me the other day it is 12 weeks to order it from the factory since we don't like the color scheme on the one they have on order.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #5

sorry it took so long.i surf too many forums i had to check 3 others to remember where this post was at! anyway my cabinet label shows 8600#. we really love our cat. the 31 qbh was right up our alley. the bunks are great. we bought a ladder from camping world and some gates that keep the little ones from falling off the bed. i also like having a complete bunk room that adults can move around and even sleep in ourselves if the kids need us. the pantry is nice and wide so you dont have to search for stuff. the cat has so many features, its seems higher end. no real problems, i just wish FR took more time with quality control and cleaned and vacummed. they left wood shavings and glue everywhere. our dinette table had a deep scratch that the dealer replaced. otherwise no problems. let me know if you need additional. by the way, the had a lot of bucking with the ride unloaded. we arranged our compartments with a lot of weight up front and i added some dumbbell plates to the front compartment to increase pin weight and the ride is great now.
03' GMC SIERRA 2500HD,BLACK, 8.1L BIG BLOCK, 4:10.
The BigPunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:19 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the end of the month we will be ordering our new trailer. I am fmailiar with FR qulity control. I ordered my Rockwood in October three years ago. It was being built about the time when they cut back production for the winter season. Same problems with glue in places it shouldn't have been, and saw dust in about every compartment. Fortunately, my dealer is great when it comes to pre delivery prep. I was at the dealer the day the trailer was delivered from FR, so I saw first hand everything they had to do to prepare it for delivery. I will say other than the dust and construction debri, it was in better than normal new trailer condition. Minor oversights on FR part were a fresh water tank not secured to anything, just sitting on the floor under the bunk and a water hose that was loose. Other than that, it has been a great trailer. I found the WildcatOwners forum. There is a lot of good info there. Getting very anxious about getting the new trailer.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:54 AM   #7

Hello Rick! We just purchased a Wildcat 31QBH from RVWholesalers.com in Ohio. Great unit and a VERY GOOD purchase price. It was so good that I drove all the way from California to pick it up! No towing issues at all--rode like a dream! Anyway,here's some information; dry weight:8250lbs Hitch pin weight:1400lbs Gross weight fully loaded:11670lbs. Hope this helps,Mike.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #8

We have considered RVWholesalers too but, the dealer I have bought my last 3 trailers from is only $2k higher than them and he has treated me right everytime, so there is some loyalty there. He has also regularly given me freebies. They are also offering me a good trade on my current trailer since I couldn't seem to sell it on my own for a decent price.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #9

It's worth it to stay with your dealer if he takes care of you. You will more than make up the extra costs. Good luck with you new Wildcat; I know my family will enjoy ours!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:17 AM   #10

Try internetrvdirect.com versus rvwholesalers.com - about 5% lower and they will deliver it to you
Old 10-13-2004, 09:27 AM   #11

Just compared the 2. internetrvdirect.com is about $600 more than rvwholesalers.com on the 31QBH. They will both deliver to my door for $1.20/mi. Neither will take a trade, and there does not ssem to be a large market for my current trailer. Explains why Forest River only built it for 2 years.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:35 AM   #12

I just closed a deal on a 31 QBH from RV Wholesalers and I couldn't be more pleased. The price was approx $4000 lower than I was quoted as "rock bottom" price by Tom Rapers RV just 50 miles away. I have been treated very well and no pressure here. I am very anxious to pick up our unit. I'll let you know how it goes after pick up. In comparing models for more than 3 months, we finally settled on this unit as the most bang for the buck. Lots of standard featurs that were options on the very few cheaper models.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Rob C.,
Welcome ! to iRV2.
It looks like this 31QBH is proving to be a popular model.
You can now proudly put your new trailer in your signature here at iRV2, and now all you have to do is anxiously wait for delivery.
Mike

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote