Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Wilderness wall construction

I have a 2004 Wilderness Advantage 285RLS 5th wheel. I had a rear wall to roof leak that caused some wall delamination, visble from the inside. The RV has aluminum frame construction, but I am not sure if that pertains to the rear wall. If the rear studs are aluminum, I hope to repair the delamination from the inside. Any information about the construction or access to references would be appreciated.........thx

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #2

The walls are all glued together as one. Need a new wall usually. That's all I know to do.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #3

Thx for the response. I understand that the inner and outer panels are glued to the studs. i am trying to determine if the studs are aluminum or wood. Appreciate any info or reference material.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #4

Well what I'm saying is if the wall is delaminating from itself, you can't just reglue it to the studs. The wall assembly would have to be reglued together.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #5

delamination is if the trailer has laminated walls I think your trailer has hung walls like my Cedar Creek. They pull a inside panel even if they have to reglue the outside skin to a stud. Here's a link I believe on your trailer.

http://media.rvusa.com/library/Fleetwood2005_wi_f.pdf

You should be able to just pull the inside panel and reglue it if I am understanding your problem right
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #6

thx for the answers. The link sent by "Life2short" states that all four walls have aluminum frame construction. That allays my fear of stud deterioration. Since only the rear inside wall shows delamination, I intend to remove it and replace with a customized interior. During the process I'll determine if the exterior is sound. Whatever I learn I will post.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #7

We'd love to see the in progress work.