Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #1

5th W made by KZ,please?
All information(pro and con )will be much appreciated.I'm in the process to check some out
and your experience will be of much help,as
always many thanks,araucano
(would you consider them as f/t units?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #2

5th W made by KZ,please?
All information(pro and con )will be much appreciated.I'm in the process to check some out
and your experience will be of much help,as
always many thanks,araucano
(would you consider them as f/t units?

Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Your question might get better coverage in the TT and 5th Wheel - General Discussion forum, so I'll link it there.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #4

Many thanks RustyJC your help is very much appreciated!,araucano.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #5

I have a KZ TT (bumper pull) It's not the top of the line model, but other than the wife turing on the w/h without water in it and the element going boom, we've has no issues. I'd buy another one.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #6

I've looked pretty seriously at their toy haulers, and to me they seem well built for their price point. I've also chatted with several owners, and all were happy...
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
My Brother-in Law has had about a half dozen KZ trailers over the past several years....he's very pleased with them and keeps trading for them every couple years or so. He gets great dealer service and they seem to treat him right on the deals.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #8

We had a KZ Sportsman 2505QSS Travel Trailer and LOVED it. The only reason we don't have it any more is that we quickly "outgrew" it, OK, and I got a bigger truck, so needed something bigger to pull! LOL We looked at the higher end KZ 5ers, but they didn't have any with a bunkhouse. Cedar Creek was one of the few that did.

We have friends with the KZ Durango 5er and they LOVE it. We also have friends with the KZ toyhauler (a 40 footer!) and they love theirs, too! KZ makes a really FABULOUS product. When we researched our Sportsman, we could hardly find a dissatisfied customer!

I think you will be VERY happy with any KZ product.

Julie
Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We had a Sportman TT. We liked it, the quality was good. We traded when we got a bigger truck and moved to a fifth wheel with slides.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #10

Well. Another secret I didn't add on about our KZ. We took one weekend trip in it and the following weekend I gutted it out. I rebuilt it inside for a business for my wife. She does hair/nails. She's got the first licensed mobile salon in the US that we can find. She takes it right to the church and does everyones nails, pedicure, hair, and makeup. Plus, they can get dressed right there. She stays onsite till the ceremony starts, in case someone messes up a nail or thei hair.

In two weeks she doing what she calls a princess party. It's a birthday party for little girls. They all get a manicure, pedicure, makeup, and hairdo. The very first one we did, we wern't sure how it was going to turn out. We even gave the mom that planned it a very special price, and even told her it would be free if somthing happened that we didn't plan for. It turned out to be unbeleivable. EVERY mon that cam to pick up thier daughter had heard talk about it for two weeks and wanted to see what it was. Every one of them ended up getting thier nails done, and about three of them got pedicures. My wife fianlly got to a point where she had to say no more.

When we talked about it in the planning stages, most people were amazed once they saw it finished. Every one of them admited they were expecting a square utility trailer like the ones Lowes carries, or a remodeled cattle trailer. It's a real salon. Decorated like a salon would be.

BTW. I have a huge pile of stuff taken out of it for sale. A stove that I lit just to make sure it worked, then took it out. Never enen sat a pot on a burner. The beds, kitchen cabs and sink. The dinette booths, etc. etc.

Tags
kz-rv