Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
If anyone believes this then I've got some coastal property in Idaho I'll be glad to sell for a slight profit. No way will a 1/2 ton safely tow this weight. It will pull it and go up hills slowly. It will sway and push the truck around but it won't do it safely. Why do so many want to go with no reserve capacity? You can get a 3/4 ton for less than $1000 difference. There is no comparison between the Ford 150 versus the 250 or the 1500 versus the 2500. The lighter models are for light loads and the trucks are for heavier loads and safety. You make the decision based on your families values.
x2.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #30

You definitely can NOT read the Ram website!!!

I unfortunately bought the hype as well as my BEAUTIFUL Ram 1500 CC Big Horn Hemi with everything I could get it equipped with for towing....

My Payload on the door is 1236lbs. That does not leave me much room! My wife is now Ticked because she wants to get a TT that is in the 7-8,000lb range 30+ feet and after researching I am telling her NO.

So Now I need to find a NICE TT that will satisfy her luxurious tastes and also falls in my tow capacity!

The bad part is a friend of ours Bought basically the same truck in a Quad Cab and he is dead set on towing a TT that is out of his limits. He works with my wife so he has her brainwashed that our trucks are beastly and can tow anything (I am exaggerating, a little).

Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #31

My opinion is that you better get her what she wants or you will be trading 2 units next year.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
You definitely can NOT read the Ram website!!!

I unfortunately bought the hype as well as my BEAUTIFUL Ram 1500 CC Big Horn Hemi with everything I could get it equipped with for towing....

My Payload on the door is 1236lbs. That does not leave me much room! My wife is now Ticked because she wants to get a TT that is in the 7-8,000lb range 30+ feet and after researching I am telling her NO.

So Now I need to find a NICE TT that will satisfy her luxurious tastes and also falls in my tow capacity!

The bad part is a friend of ours Bought basically the same truck in a Quad Cab and he is dead set on towing a TT that is out of his limits. He works with my wife so he has her brainwashed that our trucks are beastly and can tow anything (I am exaggerating, a little).
I'd let your friend get his oversize TT and then let your wife listen to him say he wished he had a bigger truck.