Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 03:49 PM   #1

1999 E-450 Class C Motorhome

I am looking for a front trailer hitch and can not find one, I was hoping that someone here might have installed one and waht that manufacturer was and model #.
musinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Front mount receiver for E-450

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ver+hitch+E450

This ebay ad says they have a Drawtite front-mount hitch for your E-450. I was surprised that eTrailer.com doesn't include E-series for any of their front-mount hitches. However, further snooping on the Drawtite link below, I see the part number is 65001. And search on eTrailer for part number 65001, I found that hitch available from eTrailer at a good price.

Here is a link to that DrawTite receiver on the manufacturer's website (Horizion Brands). Scroll down to the "this product fits" area and note it fits the E-450.
Reese/Drawtite hitches!

Here's a link to that hitch from eTrailer.com. I personally prefer to order from eTrailer than from an ebay source.
https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch...ite/65001.html
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
tcg

I have an E-350. I just took mine to the local trailer shop and let them figure it out. Cost me about the same as I could buy one and have shipped to me.

I'm not sure if it bolted on using existing holes or if they had to do some drilling. Either way, it wasn't me underneath doing the install.

I am happy I added one. Great place to carry the bikes or a cargo box when the rear hitch is being used for the scooter.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #4

Thanks for all the help I order the 65001 draw tite hitch and it came today and I check for fit all I have to do is drill the two front holes bigger (will wait till spring its winter here in Wisconsin)
musinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, motorhome