Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #15

My 2009 3500 DW Ram with the 6.7 and 3.73 gear pulls my Mobile Suite fantastically it only has 36,000 on it and has been a bullet proof truck for me...However I am going to order one these 2016 monster trucks as soon as my dealer will take orders...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram and DRV.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	101595  
suiteowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I read that engine weighs 1,300lbs. That is a chunk of metal. I always wondered why it used to produce so little power. But now...wow!!! That is more torque than some diesel motorhomes!!!
Cummins 6.7 have always weighed that much they are cast iron block and cylinder heads...That's why UPS has thousands of the with 500,000 miles on them...
Old 07-31-2015, 02:10 PM   #17

My truck is a 2009 model,I purchased it new from a very small hometown Dodge dealer...I got the recall 2 years ago on the steering problem but I never experienced the so called death wobble problem myself, my truck had 25000 miles on it at the time...I took it to my dealer and they performed the required work on the truck...He installed a new tie rod in the steering system,he showed me the difference and the new tie rod appeared to be bigger in diameter...The truck now has 36000 miles on it and has never been back to the dealer for anything other then oil and transmission fluid changes...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truck 009.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	101680  
Old 08-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorfx View Post
Huge safety recall for dodge trucks. Also a huge fine for not completing recalls. I would be very Leary of Chrysler right now.
http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...ecall-failures
Interestingly enough there never seems to be any mention of the GMs with their self destructing ignition- a recall that SHOULD have happened a decade ago and resulted in many deaths and injuries.
smurfsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfsofwar View Post
Interestingly enough there never seems to be any mention of the GMs with their self destructing ignition- a recall that SHOULD have happened a decade ago and resulted in many deaths and injuries.

Both company's went belly up so their improvement or lack there of is a result of our billions of bailout dollars.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfsofwar View Post
Does that mean the Dodge recall is not merited?
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
Does that mean the Dodge recall is not merited?
It absolutely is. In fact their less than stellar track record up to 2011/2012 is the only reason I drove a Ford which had its own grab bag of annoying issues and recalls that were not repaired or dealt with correctly which led to an engine failure at 69k.

My comment was a little knee-jerk. Not being brand loyal. The forums are flooded with stories of this buy back (which is actually a surprisingly small number of vehicles) and all of the GM fan boys jump all over it howling about the fact that FRC is screwing the world, yet the fact that the ONLY reason GM is now cooperating with NHSTA and recalling vehicles for the problems is because they got caught trying to sweep it under the rug. Had they not, I am very certain they would still be happily chugging along allowing loss of life and limb to save a few bucks. After my last (and final) go around with GM a couple years back with my wifes ticking time bomb, I have nothing but contempt for their shady business practices.

[emoji35]
smurfsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote