Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #15

I have a stock 2017 F-350 4x4 with a 2017 Grand Design 28BH (35 footer) and I am going to raise the trailer because it is nose high by 3 to 4 inches. Granted I don't have to but I do not want tire or suspension issues down the road.
schaapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2017, 06:01 AM   #16

I was going to mention that ^^^^^. There is lots of talk already about the 2017's sitting a bit higher and the bed rail clearance issue coming into play with a 5ver. Probably not all of them, but enough that it would certainly have to be looked at before making the move.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaapk View Post
I have a stock 2017 F-350 4x4 with a 2017 Grand Design 28BH (35 footer) and I am going to raise the trailer because it is nose high by 3 to 4 inches. Granted I don't have to but I do not want tire or suspension issues down the road.
Quick hijack!! Schaapk - do you by chance have real world weights (hitch and total 5th wheel weight) for your 28BH? I have an F250 and don't know if I have enough payload.
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #18

2017 Super Duty, 2" leveling kit - bad tow combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I was going to mention that ^^^^^. There is lots of talk already about the 2017's sitting a bit higher and the bed rail clearance issue coming into play with a 5ver. Probably not all of them, but enough that it would certainly have to be looked at before making the move.

I've heard that. Since I'm doing bumper tow today, won't be an issue. If I go 5er- guess that will be a consideration on how that unit sits. It would likely be new or close to new - this is something that in general has been addressed with current fifth wheels, or it is more to certain specific models that sit a little higher (allowing a taller truck to hitch up without clearance issues)?
54Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
How's the ride with that set up both truck and trailer wise? I was referring to the fellow with 6" lift and 35" tires.
NTXNEWBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXNEWBIES View Post
How's the ride with that set up both truck and trailer wise? I was referring to the fellow with 6" lift and 35" tires.
Great
I have airbags on the truck airbag on the flexair pinbox and airbags on the centerpoint on the trailer axles as well as joyryder shocks on the trailer.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #21

Be careful with "bigger" tires, besides what's been mentioned they are not always a high enough load rating.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #22

My 2014 F250 Lariat is lifted and I have 37"x13.5r20 Toyo MT. They run great, and I love them in the dirt, on the pavement; rain, snow, or mud. I like the look of the lifted trucks. It isn't for everyone, and I appreciate that.

Towing is great, and they don't feel squishy at all.

Biggest reason I would change to stock/35" is the cost, and stowing a spare tire (and the cost of the spare tire/wheel ` $1k).

Right now I have a spare, a patch kit, a power tank portable CO2 air supply, and satellite communicator if I lose more than one tire..

If anyone is in the market for air...give the power tank a consideration. It is silent, and works wonderfully. I have the racing gauge for checking tire pressure...way overkill. But, it is solid too.
MLiljen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, tow