Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #15

Addressing directly... is 6" too much...

There's part of your measuremnt missing. 6 inches in how many feet. Mine was 4 inches too high in 7 feet. I have a 7 foot level. Pin to centerline of the back wheel, which is the fulcrum, is 17 feet for me was about 11 inches too high. If your using a two foot level, you need to calculate how many two feets you have from pin to the centerline of the back axle.

That does not mean I needed to lift mine 11 inches. A 4 inch lift was perfect for me. You will need to fill in the blank to know what you need to do. With lifting, a little bit goes a long way.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattzap View Post
Addressing directly... is 6" too much...

There's part of your measuremnt missing. 6 inches in how many feet. Mine was 4 inches too high in 7 feet. I have a 7 foot level. Pin to centerline of the back wheel, which is the fulcrum, is 17 feet for me was about 11 inches too high. If your using a two foot level, you need to calculate how many two feets you have from pin to the centerline of the back axle.

That does not mean I needed to lift mine 11 inches. A 4 inch lift was perfect for me. You will need to fill in the blank to know what you need to do. With lifting, a little bit goes a long way.
That was from the front of the trailer, frame to street and rear of trailer frame to street, so about a distance of guessing 24'.
dmstepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #17

6" on 24 feet aint that bad. How does the equalizer triangle between the two leaf springs look? It should be close to level. Also take a peek on how close the top of each tire is to the bottom of the floor above them.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #18

Mine before and after my lift
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B4.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	125984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aft.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	125985  

Old 05-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #19

Before, gap between top and tailgate and trailer frame was about 1-1/2 inches. It's at 6 or 7 after. I plan to lift the truck 2 inches in the front only. That should put it at 8 at the tailgate. i have a good size hump to clear going out of out driveway. Before I went out 1 time and had to creep at an angle with someone ready to shout STOP
Old 05-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
The new ram trucks are ridiculously high. I came from a Ferd and to a 15 Ram...need step stool now

Ford will be just as high for 2017.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote