Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #15
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post

Thanks, but hope your wrong in my case. I can get most of the squat out if a 'REALLY" crank up on the WDH, but, too much effort for my physical condition,so hoping the 1000's do the trick. My TT is 5700 dry and tows great, so we will see. When done, will post pics and results .
You're closer to "OK" than I was starting out so you may certainly get there with the bags.

And, again, if there is one thing I am sure of after being on this and other forums for a while, all of us do NOT have the same definition of acceptable towing experience. There are some who would say a GMC Canyon can tow any rv ever made, others who say you need a 1 ton dually for a popup with an 8' box, etc. Exaggerating of course, but only slightly.
Get er to where you are comfortable and have a safe trip!!!

purduepete97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #16
BTW.. one trick I used to use on the WDH so you don't have to "pry" them up.. Hook up the trailer to the ball, then use the jack to jack up the trailer and truck, then put the pry bars on with minimal "pry".. then lower the whole assy. Worked like a champ.

2013 Itasca Sunova 30A
2006 Crownline 250cr
2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #17
So are you trying to do this system instead of WDH?
If that is the case, the rear may be better, but the front will be VERY light, which is a concern for brakes and steering.
2013 Winnebago 2301BH-Red
2012 Ram 2500 Megacab HO CTD
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #18
No way ! I realize the importance of the WDH and have always towed with one. Must say , i would love to upgrade to a Blue Ox Sway Pro, but that's not in the budget now ! Just going to try the Air Lift 1000 to try to get rid of the little bit of sqat i still have "with" the WDH.
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 PM   #19
Just a suggestion depending on how handy you are with a wrench- drop the coils and install the bags. Way WAY easier to run lines etc. The little extra time to drop your coils is minimal to the frustration the can surface running those lines to the fitting

I've installed a few sets and it's always way easier with the coils hanging out. Stumbled across the ease of dropping the diff when I replaced my rear coils with the TTC-1223 since I drive lots of gravel I had a tendancy to destroy the air lines.

smurfsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote