Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #15

Neat. Looks great. I say keep it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #16

That truck is awesome
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
You're towing a fifth wheel with a $100,000+ truck? That's crazy! Very cool, but still putting a lot at risk. I'd have that puppy covered in the garage and only driven to shows.

No way!

Vintage cars & trucks should be DRIVEN. I'm trusting you're kidding, because so many folks are afraid to really DRIVE their classics. Nothing better than using them regularly. We even race a couple of ours. And I mean full on competition road racing. (NOT street racing )

Drive that monster. Use it. Enjoy it. Tow with it!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
You're towing a fifth wheel with a $100,000+ truck? That's crazy! Very cool, but still putting a lot at risk. I'd have that puppy covered in the garage and only driven to shows.
I only build them to drive them.....if something happend I can rebuild it again.....got good insurance on it. It only see shows if I happene to be driving by and stop. It was in the world of wheels show in Pittsburgh but the promoter begged me to put it in. I drove my prostreet 59 chevy truck for 5 years as my everyday driver. Even in the snow but it looked kind of funny with skinny snow tires on a tubbed truck.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
CD

What a great truck. Just remember, you can work on it. A newer one you can't without $100k of tools plus you will have to learn how to use the tools.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #20

Where's the "old" truck hiding? From your description, it sounds like a new truck to me :-). But looks even better. Keep rolling in this beauty.
Kdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #21

Thumbs up old tow vehicles

that is a sweet ride so if you are able try to keep it going. You will never find as long as you live a truck like that. I thought my 1995 Burby (4540 was nice but that is out of this world. Enjoy your camping and good luck with your ride.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #22

You know the answer to this. How many repairs can you make to your truck for the cost of a new one at $55K. If you're lucky you'll get 4 years before the consumables start needing to be replaced which brings it right back in line with your current TV. So for the low price of $13,750 per year for 4 years you can have a brand new truck and maybe you'll have no other problems. As I'm sure you know, for that kind of money you could completely replace the entire drive train every year for 4 years in that old relic you’re driving now.
FishaPalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #23

Trucks and cars are like wine and women, they all get better with age and need to be appreciated!!!
ltfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy5872 View Post
Ok maybe I just had a bad week.....Had one of my 59 chevy trucks go down, my daily driver 74 Elcamino went down, this one sprung a leak and I had to ride my harley to work in the rain one day last week because it was the only thing still working....I guess I just need this long weekend camping to recharge.
Funny we tell our buddies that they have to work on the harley 15 min for every hour you ride. Looks like you are in the other end of the chart. Good luck everything requires maint some just dont do enough sounds like yours all caught up at the same time enjoy.....
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #25

SWeeeeeeet! Don't worry bout the mule, just load the wagon!
rickinfrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #26

I would be proud to drive that! This is my semi-daily driver, a '63 supercharged Studebaker GT Hawk. It is much more fun to drive than our Honda Hybrid......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3429_resize.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	49546  
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #27

I love those old trucks, that is a beauty. I bet that Stude causes more than a few jaws to drop when you step into it.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't drive it daily but I built it to be driven, not a trailer queen.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote