Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Andersen Hitch 3350

Has anyone used the Andersen WDH 3350 yet? and if so what do you think of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461794281973.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	125431  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman1995 View Post
Has anyone used the Andersen WDH 3350 yet? and if so what do you think of it?
Hi Trashman 1995,
I switched to the Andersen hitch 3 years back. I was skeptical at first, but I have come to love the hitch. Won't go back to the conventional w/d hitches, no grease, extremely quiet, and takes only 5-10 minutes to hitch and de-hitch (with electric jack). I use the hitch on my 21ft travel trailer and 24ft enclosed car hauler (10k gw). Works great in both cases. Hope this helps.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Cminnie,
Thank you for responding. Its good to know the hitch in going on 3 yrs without any issues. I have not used the hitch yet, but did you drill and bolt the brackets to the frame? or you did not notice any movement, thats probally where there would be slippage. Also do the nuts stay tight on the urethane springs, or do you have to tighten over time. Thank you for responding once again
Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #4

I don't have one, but I too am interested as I see lot's of good reviews on them. And that weight thing is always good.
I have read a number of times where folks have had slippage problems with the brackets. Offhand I'd think either a couple small bolts or a couple of tac welds could solve that. That is a lot of leverage and strain there when you look at the geometry.
I don't see any factors that would cause those nuts on the springs to loosen by themselves
Old 05-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman1995 View Post
Cminnie,
Thank you for responding. Its good to know the hitch in going on 3 yrs without any issues. I have not used the hitch yet, but did you drill and bolt the brackets to the frame? or you did not notice any movement, thats probally where there would be slippage. Also do the nuts stay tight on the urethane springs, or do you have to tighten over time. Thank you for responding once again
I didn't drill the frame or weld the brakets on either trailer and have not experienced any slippage. When I install any tapered set screws that will have a shear load I first use a drill (Same size as the brackets) to remove the paint and create a small set dimple then torque them in three times with a 10 minute interval. The wait time will allow the tip and the frame to relive. I have also heard of people having slipping problem and have heard welding and through bolts solved their issues. I would not be adverse to those solutions if were to have that issue. I never had a nut back off the urethane spring bushing, even when pulling the car hauler empty (less spring compression). That is another reason I love the hitch, after loading a car on the trailer I tighten the nuts to achieve the same bed (bumper) height and off I go. Takes no more then ten minutes. I can only speak for my own experiences with the hitch. I hope this helps.

Happy camping
Old 05-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
I had one and loved it. Same as nearly everyone who uses It. Now have 5er and use Andersen ultimate. Love it also.