Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
In so happy with my '14 diesel Ram that I can't imagine what it would be like to drive one from ten years ago.
^^^I do think that is probably the case with most owners of these trucks.^^^
I drive 57 miles one way to work and I know that is better than using it for nothing but short trips. I like the idea of buying a brand new truck and not having to do anything to it but I need to loosen my grip on my wallet a bit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
A DEF equipped vehicle can start the "xxx miles to shutdown" and "5 starts left until shutdown" anytime the computer sees an issue with the emission system. Older diesels without the DEF system don't have this issue. I don't like the idea of a vehicle holding me hostage like that.
I work on my own vehicles and I am trying to learn as much as possible before I take the plunge with one of these vehicles. If I could buy my own software tool to unlock and reset the computer I would be much more at ease about this. (I do this for all my vehicles) I may just have to give the aftermarket some more time to catch up.

The first time I had a CPS sensor fail on my 01 powerstroke I was toting 15000#s down a windy 7% backwoods road. The truck just shuts down, no stear,brakes nothing...then ones I cleaned the **** off the floor I had no idea what just happened and my truck would not start.

Don't build horrible ideas in your head and don't believe all the bad you read

Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #157

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think the OP is gone and this thread has come off the rails.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I think the OP is gone and this thread has come off the rails.
Do you mean Common Rail?
Old 11-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #159

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Gotta be able to withstand the high pressure to hang in on this one.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #160

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How much better a deleted diesel will run is a long debate but I would have to say it probably will run better. But,,, the smog devices on our trucks are a Federal law, not a local or state law. So, if you delete you will be breaking a Federal Law. Some people have no problem with that just like the immigration laws or weapons laws. I really wish we didn't have all that smog stuff on our trucks. You want to take it off, go for it. JMHO
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
How much better a deleted diesel will run is a long debate but I would have to say it probably will run better. But,,, the smog devices on our trucks are a Federal law, not a local or state law. So, if you delete you will be breaking a Federal Law. Some people have no problem with that just like the immigration laws or weapons laws. I really wish we didn't have all that smog stuff on our trucks. You want to take it off, go for it. JMHO

I would so love for this thread to turn into a discussion about "law." It could go in some many interesting directions.

Also, love the common-rail comment.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #162
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few posts that we're going down the political road have been removed. Kindly refrain from such discussions as our community rules do not allow them.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #163

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Were

Old 12-16-2015, 01:28 AM   #164
Dub

I did it on my last truck. Southern Cal. More power, a little bit better mileage and sounds better... I switch most of my stuff back and forth for every smog check. Fun at the time. I am older now, who cares. Pulls just fine stock. (Mod edit)