Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #113

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A coal fired power plant that produces 150,000 mega watts of electricity produces the same amont of GHGs as 300,000 vehicles. My argument is simply that if we want to clean up the earth for our future generations (might be to late already), big business needs to alter their thinking as well as the consumer. Clean air, clean water and cleaning up the mess that our home has become is going to incur some significant costs, both from the source and the consumer.

I am not trying to justify any position on deleting egr systems, just trying to get people looking at a bigger picture.

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:11 PM   #114

Outdoors RV Owners Club
And a deleted diesel truck only adds to the destruction. You might believe it is a very small amount of damage, but since we could assume that some unknown thousands are operating deleted vehicles, the damage is real.

And worse, preventable.

I'm unsympathetic to your view on the matter. Every little bit of damage is damage. It would seem to me that deleting vehicles is s big enough business, and violating the law should bring punishment.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #115

I'm wondering what the air quality would be like if emission controls were removed from all the vehicles in North America.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #116

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
And a deleted diesel truck only adds to the destruction. You might believe it is a very small amount of damage, but since we could assume that that some unknown thousands are operating deleted vehicles, the damage is real.

And worse, preventable.

I'm unsympathetic to your view on the matter. Every little bit of damage is damage.
you are making some assumptions on my view point. Nowhere have I stated whether I am for of against removal of EGR systems. My viewpoint is that we should have the same standards for all. Why is it that big oil companies can dump mercury into the ground, poisoning our children and face a maximum fine of $10,000 (less than the cost of proper disposition)?

We can all choose to let big business influence us with their control of the media or not.

I think that we are debating the same point, just different width of focus.

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #117

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We do have the same standards for all (pay the same for influence as the large corporations and extremely wealthy, and you can help write the standards, too).
Old 11-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #118

If emissions left the trucks dependable it would be fine in my book. Gm recently extended emissions warranty to 100,000 miles. Yes there are problems. Like I previously stated, mine has only been in shop for emissions repairs. And it will go in limp if you don't take it in. That sinks. That makes them undependable as a tow vehicle. We are full time and this is important. I will soon part company with this truck and get an HDT with only EGR and delete it. Guilty
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #119

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilber1 View Post
I'm wondering what the air quality would be like if emission controls were removed from all the vehicles in North America.
On my first trip to Australia in 2006, I boarded a train at the Sydney Airport and rode into the city's Central Station. Stepping off the train, I was back in my childhood growing up in Philadelphia. The exhaust smell was exactly as I remembered stepping out of the 30th Street Station in downtown Philadelphia in the late '50's. Later, a check under the hood of the auto we rented showed an engine unrestricted by any emission controls. I know what the air quality would be like. Australia has since improved their pollution requirements for vehicles and on my numerous return trips to Sydney, Melbourne, etc. the air quality is much better.

Imagine the air quality in the horse and buggy days.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
It will cost you about 2500$ to do away with emmisions on modern trucks and void warranty plus federal crime in most areas.
Sorry, it can't be a "federal crime in most areas". By definition, a "federal crime" is criminal everywhere in the US.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #121

Evergreen Owners Club
Yes, it is actually a federal crime in all 50 states. I heard that they are starting to crack down on 2015 and newer vehicles. I wish they would crack down on all. Let's be fair and treat everyone equal.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #122

It is a federal crime to delete emmisons period. Since most states don't have inspections you can get away with it.
It is too long to go into but the whole health thing with DPF is based on bogus scientific statistics.The Vietamese guy that was in charge of the program for CARB (California resources board) got his PHD in statistics from a diploma mill in Md. He was exposed by a real scientest on the board when he checked with UCLA and found that they had no record of him graduating. Still CARB ran with these bogus numbers and the rest is history !
That's the truth.
There are numerous articiles in News papers and magazines. Sacremento Bee, Sandiego Union and Landline a trucking magazine too name a few.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #123

Aside from racing tuners it is getting a lot more difficult to find tuners that will work with deletes.

Edge Products LLC Settlement | Enforcement | US EPA
Old 11-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #124

So whats going to happen when all these DEF trucks are 25-30 years old? The emissions are going to be removed because the public will not put up with "limp mode" everytime there is a hiccup in the system. I have a very good running and dependable 1985 K5 Blazer and I'm not about to reinstall any emission equipment that's missing. I would just register it as an antique vehicle if I had to.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
So whats going to happen when all these DEF trucks are 25-30 years old? The emissions are going to be removed because the public will not put up with "limp mode" everytime there is a hiccup in the system. I have a very good running and dependable 1985 K5 Blazer and I'm not about to reinstall any emission equipment that's missing. I would just register it as an antique vehicle if I had to.
The gummint will scrap it for you when they find you running with a delete kit. They will be looking.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #126

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There is no way anyone can tell me with certainty that in the year 2039 my truck will not operate reasonably well for its age and mileage without being deleted.