Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #15

BakFlip tonneau cover

I installed a BakFlip tonneau cover on my 2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab with the short bed over 4 years ago. It leaks a little bit when washing the truck and aiming the garden hose at the gaskets. On the road in the rain, no problem. On the road with melting ice and snow on the cover, that can be a problem when the drain rails freeze up and overflow into the bed of the pickup.
To the reply that said their generator was too high, get a lower generator.

I'm happy with my BakFlip. Just don't expect it to be air tight like the trunk lid of a car.
SailorDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #16

Just installed the BakFlip G2. So far so good, keeps things dry and secure. Its a bit annoying to remember to open the tailgate to fold the cover, but i'm sure i will get used to that.
The only downside I have found so far is not being able to see my fifth wheel when hitching up, because the view is obscured by the folded cover.
Mike
Micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #17

I hated mine....cumbersome to use, cheaply made, leaked all the time....after two months I sold it on craigslist and bought a truxport roll up cover...very happy with it.
Zogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #18

OP has

probably got something by now but I will share my experience anyway. I got a G2 Bakflip for my 3/4 RAM CC SB and I think it's a good one. No, it won't be stone dry as a car trunk but the price was good, install easy and it's as secure as something like this can be. I have been in some heavy rains and leakage has been trivial. I don't see how it could ever leak at the folds... they are rubber.
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #19

Mine leaked on the folds due to the fact they were full of metal shavings which cut the rubber. Garbage product.

And this was the issue on each one they installed. I will never buy again.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #20

Bak flip great

After internet search we decided on Bakflip with solid top covering the seams. We love it. Works great no problems. We live in So CAL so not enough rain to cause any water problems.
Likes2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
I had a pace Edwards full metal rabbit on our truck. Sold it with the truck but after reading reviews I am getting the bac aluminum rollback for the new truck.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #22

I have the BakFlip Fibermax and really like it (I live in hot climate, and Fibermax doesn't get as warm to the touch as the popular G2).

I did a lot of research and I wanted to be able to fold the cover back to access all or almost all of the bed to haul things without having to remove it. The BakFlip was the best on that account -- some bed covers take space under them as they fold up, or the roll ups take significant space at the front of the bed. I can fold mine all the way to the front, then there are arms to lock it in position against the back window and can drive at highway speeds with it in that position. I just hauled a king mattress and box springs in my short bed for a friend -- no problem.

Also, each section is rated to 150 lbs, so I can fold one section back, then have 300 lb weight rating to stand on to reach something -- kind of handy. Visibility out the back is much better with bed covers than with a shell, and with a good one, one can use virtually the full bed.

I can't speak to longevity yet, as have only had it a few months. Good luck!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote