Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #15
TT Rear Camera

Have installed and used two camera system on trailer. One camera is 130 degree and second is 90 degree. Both on all the time while moving. Biggest problem is depth of field. Traffic coming into view is actually closer than what you think. Will do some marking on scratch film to mark a safe comfort zone. Just need to find a semi to size out.
90 degree is used for backing into camping spot and storage shed.

2OLDDIGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #16
May, 2013 Trailer Life Mag had an article on a great wireless camera. I bought it and have moved it from first travel trailer to 5th wheel. I love it and feel much safer because not only use it to help back up but it is on while towing and acts as a rear view mirror. Can see when I pass someone and can see all traffic behind me and all traffic coming up to pass me. Also camera has audio function and can hear husband when he directs me to back into campsite. Display mounts on dashboard and is a good size. Voyager Digital camera, sold by Camping World, pricy but well worth it.

CorgiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
I bought the Clip on 7" display rear view Mirror TFT display and wired camera
Done it to two trailers now
Wireless has it's limitations so I ran RG6 coax cable for the entire run
Couple of Rf to RCA adapters, RF quick connect and butt connector Wire loom and plastic wire cable ties
It works flawless
It is natural to take a quick look in the rear view Mirror from time to time
Total investment was under $100.00 for the 7" TFT display and the Weatherproof Nightvision camera off Ebay
No need to touch the Tailgate rearview camera and I can remove the monitor when not towing and does not interfere with my GPS

TV: 2013 F150 FX4 Screw Ecoboosted! Luxury trim
OLD TT: 2012 JayFlight 22FB SOLD
New TT: 2014 Jayflight 26RLS
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #18

Carolina Campers
Back up camera on the trailer?

I have three cameras on my RV system (back up, and a left side & right side camera in the mirrors). I'd like to add two more cameras that show directly to the left and directly to the right. That way, as an example, if I am at a stop sign, I could see down the road for oncoming traffic before trying to pull out. This is especially an issue if you don't have a copilot to look for traffic for you. Are there systems that allow more than three cameras? I'd also like one or two cameras on the roof (looking forward and backward). That way I could check out low hanging trees, and other situations (like a low clearance issues). Going to Bryce Canyon last month I went through two arch tunnels that were 13' 6". That was a tight fit...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #19
I guess there are many who do not have enough distractions while driving our cars or RV's, so we need to add some more to make us safer, distracted, & occupied with other things then our driving, & not just watching the road & other guys driving toward me or behind me.
Distracted, Tailgaters, & drunk or people under the influence of drugs, are the ones I watch for & hope I do not come in contact with on my travels.
My position is, drive my vehicle & not the ones around me & I should be able to avoid most problems or issues. .

38ft Snowvilla. Triple Glides. 2010 Ram 3500 CC Dually. to tow anywhere, anytime.
!!!!!! "RETIRED" !!!!!!.
Arctic Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #20
Being as my 3 mirrors that come standard do not properly show me the areas around my vehicle when I am towing I supplement them with cameras.
2015 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually, White, Hitch Kit.
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3200 Epic II 5th wheel.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #21
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I appreciate all the advice and ideas that have been brought up. I've ordered the Voyager unit from Camping World, and will be installing it after it is delivered. I'm not the handiest guy in the world, but can do this, assuming I can find a power source for the camera. Will it be fairly easy to tie into a power source?
2013 F250 Platinum 4X4 CC SB 6.7PSD
2013 Timber Ridge 280RKS
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #22
Just connect to the top center light of the trailer. Note, you need to have your truck lights on for the monitor to work. I love this camera and monitor.

CorgiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote