Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconverse View Post
I also use the StrapTek system with the SwayPro and I like it. I had used the StrapTek system before I purchased the SwayPro, so since I already had them, I used them. It makes it much easier to hook up and to remove the WD bars. I can not notice any difference from using the chains vs. straps for sway control or ride. As for durability in the sun and other factors, I have seen no issues. But the only time my bars with the straps are in the weather elements are when I pull, so maybe a few weekends every few months. Otherwise they are stored in shade in the storage compartment.
Thank you all for your input!

The height of the ORV frame and the height of my hitch requires two 6 x 6 blocks stacked to get things coupled properly. Then the need to further jack up the truck to relieve the pressure enough to turn the chain onto the cam at 9 links makes for a really involved set up. I'm going to order one today and give it run.

ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ordered the StrapTek system the next day.

Three thumbs up! We've been camping and traveling with the Black Rock. Installation and unhitching are a breeze. We received over five inches of rain as we were breaking camp Monday morning. The rain coat just wasn't cutting it, but dang getting the Blue Ox set was fast and was safer than arguing with counting chain links, jacking up the tongue. The winds were bad as well and the trailer was behaving very well with the gusty winds.

ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #17

Jayco Owners Club
I use an underslung Blue Ox these days after trading up both truck and trailer. Our old EazLift was the right size for our current setup but the ride with it was so harsh as to wear us out in just a few hours. The BWX-1503 that I got to replace it is like night and day... and I use 7 links instead of 8, and have NO problems.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox