Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #1

I hooked up the trailer and the brake controller worked perfectly. Loaded the quads and the rest of the gear and were on our way. I come to the first stop sign and the trailer is pushing me hard. I use the manual trailer brake switch and come to a stop. So....back home we go.

On a BrakeSmart controller, when you apply the brakes it shows the brake pressure being applied. Mine no longer shows this information, just the start up screen with my name on it.
But, like I said, the manual brake switch does activate the brakes.

I'm thinking it may be the pressure sending unit. Anybody have this happen to them or any idea what the problem could be?

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #2

I hooked up the trailer and the brake controller worked perfectly. Loaded the quads and the rest of the gear and were on our way. I come to the first stop sign and the trailer is pushing me hard. I use the manual trailer brake switch and come to a stop. So....back home we go.

On a BrakeSmart controller, when you apply the brakes it shows the brake pressure being applied. Mine no longer shows this information, just the start up screen with my name on it.
But, like I said, the manual brake switch does activate the brakes.

I'm thinking it may be the pressure sending unit. Anybody have this happen to them or any idea what the problem could be?

Wes

Old 09-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #3

I called BrakeSmart and they were closed so I left a voicemail. Wow, what service, they just called. The problem was the third brake light fuse. I never would have thought to check that.

Vacation saved.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Hi wes
i thought i would join in on this conversation with yourself.
The third brake light fuse? What do all three of them do and where are they located? And now that it works, what do you think of its operation?

<------ Wes on vacation

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #5

I think when he said third brake light fuse, he was refering to the fuse for the third brake light. Normally this light is on the back of the cab or in the back window. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #6

Ooops...I wasn't very clear was I?

Thanks for clearing it up for me John. Yes, I did mean the fuse for the third brake light, not the third brake light fuse.

Mike,

I love the BrakeSmart controller. It has a very smooth operation and you set it and forget about it.

Wes