Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirZone View Post
?

AirZone
Ontario Canada
187FB Classic Cruiser.
What exactly are you questioning? I posted a picture that couldn't more clearly show that the Durango's seats do indeed fold completely flat.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Picture didn't come out. It just says go to"Allpar.com" to see the picture
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Strange, I see it? OK, try it this way.

Or, see the whole page at http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/dodge/durango-14.html
Old 05-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
What exactly are you questioning? I posted a picture that couldn't more clearly show that the Durango's seats do indeed fold completely flat.

No, the seats do not fold completely flat. There's an armrest in the second row seating between the captain chairs that is higher than the seats when folded. When all the seats are down there are a lot of gaps between the seats and cab. Plus the seats are on quite an angle. So the Durango does not suite are needs.

AirZone
Ontario Canada
187FB Classic Cruiser.
AirZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #19

The pic shows the 60/40 bench seat that are very difficult to find in a 2013 model.

AirZone
Ontario Canada
187FB Classic Cruiser.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
No, the seats do not fold completely flat. There's an armrest in the second row seating between the captain chairs that is higher than the seats when folded. When all the seats are down there are a lot of gaps between the seats and cab. Plus the seats are on quite an angle. So the Durango does not suite are needs.

AirZone
Ontario Canada
187FB Classic Cruiser.
No, no arm rest that is higher. We own one and they fold COMPLETELY flat. If it doesn't suit your needs fine, just pointing out that the seats do fold completely flat and we have the rear captain's chairs. I understand about having your animals happy, but for me, I'd rather have a capable tow vehicle. You can alter a proper tow vehicle to suit your needs. You can't make an incapable yet comfortable to your needs vehicle last towing something that is WAY to big for it. The Enclave is a car with an SUV body on it. If you want to tow with a car, that's your decision. Just not something I would do.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #21

Quote:
The pic shows the 60/40 bench seat that are very difficult to find in a 2013 model.

AirZone
Ontario Canada
187FB Classic Cruiser.
That's because the 2014's are out now. The 2013 models are all but sold, only the more expensive optioned models are left which have captains chairs.

But really, i wouldn't pull a travel trailer with an enclave. I would only pull a smaller one with a durango v8 with the 7200lbs towing package. With either, i'd only use a propride or hensley hitch due to them being marginal tow vehicles.

Personally, i'd only go with a half ton suv like the expedition, tahoe, or suburban.

Are you buying brand new?? You can get ford expeditions for below $33k now, they are heavily discounted because the new tahoe's and suburbans just came out. If you can wait about 4-5 more months, the new 2015 expeditions will be out, which have better engines, but will still be discounted because it is only a refresh, whereas the GM's were totally new this year.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #22

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
Surely this is a joke.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #23

If the OP is so concerned about the well being of their dogs they should let them travel in a crate where they are safe and buy a TV which can safely handle the trailer.
The Enclave is a nice vehicle but not set up for towing as others have noted, it has the drive train and suspension of a car.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #24

What did we all do before there where SUV's. Remember the days when we pulled much heavier trailers back and forth across the country behind 4 doors like Impalas or station wagons loaded to the bear with family and supplies. Didn't have all this light weight stuff we do now and we made out just fine. Ahh the good old days.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
What did we all do before there where SUV's. Remember the days when we pulled much heavier trailers back and forth across the country behind 4 doors like Impalas or station wagons loaded to the bear with family and supplies. Didn't have all this light weight stuff we do now and we made out just fine. Ahh the good old days.

We also chain smoked, drank and drove, kids didn't wear seatbelts, etc. etc. Yeah, we were brilliant and nothing ever went wrong. Let us all know how you make out towing with your car. I'm betting all we hear are crickets.

The funny thing is, you came here to ask advice on towing with a specific car. Then when you didn't hear what you wanted to hear you pout and say it will be fine and that you're doing it anyway. Well, if you were so sure, why'd you ask? I've been in that vehicle towing something much lighter and it's not fun, but what do I know. You've seen them at the dealer and I'm sure the salesman told you it will be fine. Case closed.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #26

Who peed in your cornflakes?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Who peed in your cornflakes?
You just let us know what they give you on trade for a 1 year old Enclave with a replacement transmission in it's carfax report and what you're trading towards.

Since you're the only one on this huge forum that thinks this is a good idea, remember the old quote, "when everyone else in the world seems crazy, it's probably YOU..."
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #28

Perhaps, I would not be towing my trailer with Enclave, at least, not until I visit Canam to make appropriate reinforcement and setup. But Cikira is a small trailer with very light hitch. The dry weight starts around 2800 lb, and if loaded with gear and some water it would hardly cross 4000lb. Loading it up to 5000lb is next to impossible, it will require many cases of beer inside in addition to 2 generators and fuel for it. It is perfectly towable with properly hitched mid size sedan. Enclave is definitely a go, with class 3 hitch receiver and aftermarket transmission cooler, unless it already has one.